Sunday, October 28, 2007

SELLING is EASY - BUT WHERE IS THE QUESTION ?

By now you know that the Antique and Collectible market is competitive, but if you have the knowledge required there is no limit to the money that you can acquire. Yesterday we talked about the conditions we are facing to purchase items that will meet our goal of a double or more when they are sold. All this information can be found in my book “31 Steps to Your Millions in Antiques and Collectibles” and it can be purchased either on our website www.31corp.com or www.Amazon.com. I think that you will agree with me, that with the information being provided to you by your 31 Club, it will be only a short period of time before the doors to you success will be flung wide open.

Now let's explore the world of selling the precious Treasures that we have acquired. I will be listing the options at your disposal in the order of their importance.

First and foremost, the individual collector will always be your first choice. They will be where you will receive the greatest profit. If you treat them right you can go back to them as many times as you have additions to their collections for them to see, and they have the money to buy them.

I hope that I have high lighted the necessity to keep good records of all your sales so that the name of each person and what they bought from you is only the turn of a page from your finger tips. I always contact my collectors first, even if I think that going to auction with a piece might bring me a little more money.

Why is this? Because if the collector has interest, you have finalized a sale. You didn’t have to wait up to four months for the auction to be completed, plus another month to get your money. Also you know that the goal for that piece has been satisfied. Remember time is important to us.

Next, there is no guarantee that your piece will sell at auction. at auction your I have entered items at good auction houses only to find that on that day or night there wasn’t anyone in attendance that had interest in my item. I can promise you that if you are expecting your items to sell and they don’t, it can be a long drive home.

Let's not forget the large commissions that you don’t incur if you make a sale to a collector, and that can be very important as you precede up your ladder of 31 Steps.

Second, on my list is regular auctions. If the item you are selling meets the standards of that particular auction house, often the results are more than satisfactory. You may get a surprise, and your item might bring several times its auction house estimate. This is the time that you cover your mouth go outside and give a great big yahoo. But remember, the commission when you are figuring your profit.

My third choice is eBay , but only for items of lesser value or where I can only reach that particular buyer by this method. These might include foreign buyers or people living on the other side of the country. I have found that eBay usually produces buyers willing to pay wholesale or less for their purchases. That might not only not make you money, but you might incur a loss.. Don’t be surprised to find that eBay’s commissions have come close to matching those of the auction houses.

Last and my least favorite place to sell is through ads placed in the paper or other publications. You will find that most of the people that answer your ads are doing the same thing as you, and they are looking for a bargain.

I have run rather long today, so I will have to finish this tomorrow, but I think you will want to tune in. This will be the time that I share with you how we, together, are going to get it right.

Yes, this is the best game in town, but you have got to do your homework and not get in too big of a hurt. Good things come to all that wait. I think I have heard that before, haven’t you?

Boy, am I please with the response that I have gotten about prayer. Not only have all of you been there for me and my friends, but I have received many requests from members asking to be remembered and wanting to be included as we pray together. I know of one person that just wants prayer for stability in the work place so that their family can continue to be a powerful force for the Lord. So be faithful and continue to pray for all that ask. Let someone tell me that we aren’t creating community and that God won’t bless our efforts.

I think that I read that the people were fed with two fish and a five loaves of bread, so I can assure you that He is watching us, and nothing is out of his control.
Be sure to visit our web site for more information about how you can join the 31 Club and start your own race to your millions! Read more about it here!"The Guy in the Red Tie" --- Daryle Lambert

If you wish to leave comments use the ANONYMOUS button and then you don't have to sign in to leave your message.

No comments:

Post a Comment