Sunday, July 26, 2009

“From the Mouth of Babes” - Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectibles Blog – Joshua Lambert.


What A Team


Over the last two years I have attempted to bring what knowledge that I have accumulated over the last 45 years to our members so that they can enjoy the same success that I have in the Antique and Fine Art community. Writing the blog has proven quite challenging on a daily basis but I believe it has been as helpful to me as anyone else. However, I know that it is how a person communicates with the market that will ultimately decide their success or failure.

Joshua, my son, has brought me information that might just be the missing link to your success. What could that be I hear you asking? Well it may be as simple as you having your own website, where you can communicate with the marketplace as well as others in the industry. "But I don't have the knowledge to make my own site" you say, but that isn't true. Joshua came in when I was working on the blog and said, "Dad I want to create a website for us." I halfway said okay just to humor him. So while we sat side by side he began what I thought was playing on his computer. After about an hour he asked what I thought of the site and I said, "There needs to be a lot of work done to it", thinking he was talking about the Club's site, but he wasn't. He had started a website and called it Daryle Lambert and Son.

He informed me that anyone could create their own website and it was free, all you had to do was go on the computer to www.webs.com. At first I didn't believe him but after spending a few minutes on the site that he had made I was convinced. Guess what, you don't need to have any technical experience at all. This is terrific and each reader should do this because it will enable you to list things on your own site plus make it possible to inform others about what you are doing. The free site will have a webs piece to your URL like www.darylelambertandson.webs.com but if you get the premium package for less than $100 and register the name for a year at $21 then you url will read like ours www.darylelambertandson.com. I believe this is a great investment.

If a 10 year old can do it, anyone can, and I have to admit it looks pretty good. If any of you follow this advice please send me your site name and I will try and help you develop it. This will give you more creditability with customers and dealers. You can start your own forums, make a marketplace and post articles about the different antique and collectibles that interest you. I hope that you're as excited about this as I am. Joshua did everything on ours in less than 3 hours so you can see that it doesn't take a lot of time to put something out there that is acceptable.

Good luck and tell me what you think.

My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership in the 31 Club. Join Us Today!
Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.

No comments:

Post a Comment