Thursday, July 9, 2009

“Can’t Wait to Get Home” – Daryle Lambert’s Antique and Collectible Blog – Money to be made.

I'm Still Here But Not For Long

I did as I said I would- I looked for treasures to buy but was I surprised. I believe I can make my prices 50% of the asking prices I have seen on this trip, and then I would only have to raise my prices for my merchandise by at least 100% or more. You wouldn’t believe what the dealers are selling items for here in Gatlinburg. If I could sell at their prices there would be no stopping for me or the members of the Daryle Lambert’s Antique and Collectible Club.

If you remember, I have stated that usually I don’t reduce my prices unless I receive an offer but when I get home my prices will be raised, and guess what I think? “They will sell at the higher prices because people will stop waiting for me to give my items away and realize if they don’t buy them now they may not get another chance.” I think now is the time to find the ultimate buyers and stop selling to the dealers that are taking our merchandise on eBay and other auctions sites and then reselling them in places like Gatlinburg. We have done the work so why wouldn’t we deserve the profit?

I watched as Andrea Ludden of the Salt and Pepper Shaker Museum had a stream of buyers pass through her shop and almost without exception they bought Salt and Pepper shakers without asking for any reduction of the price. My question to you is why shouldn’t we do the same, because it seems to be working for her? It appears to me that too many of us, and that includes me, have come to the conclusion that others should set the value of our merchandise. How foolish does that sound if we get caught up in all the talk about how bad things are and it can happen without us realizing it has happened.

When I return home my desire is to share with you plans for merchandising that will capture the end buyer. During this trip I have formulated a method that I believe will expose your rare and usual items to people that are searching high and low for them but unfortunately never come across your listings.

By any chance I forget to do this within 10 days of return please contact me and I will get it up on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment