Monday, July 13, 2009

“Back in the Saddle” - Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Blog – Catching Up


I Don't Look This Calm Today

I am going to have a long week of catching up on all the emails and calls that I have received. Just on the emails there are perhaps 500 and the phone hasn't stopped ringing. Patience is a word that I have shared with you many times and now I have to apply it to myself.

I just finished talking to a gentleman for over one hour, I think. He is looking to build a fabulous art collection and has seen many fantastic buys on eBay. However, I had to warn him that often if it seems too good to be true, it most likely is. Patience was the advice I shared with him and also that he should seek professional advice. If you have questions that I can assist on, now is the time to send them while I am in the process of getting back in the swing of things.

I feel that now might be the opportune time to begin to offer some of my treasure to the market because if the trip I just completed didn't teach me anything else it did show me that there are still buyers for quality and that is what I have to offer. Everything that you offer may not find a new home but the pieces that do sell should bring fair prices and you shouldn't have to reduce your offering price to a point that is insane.

The auction season is upon us and there should be many wonderful opportunities for you to pick up fabulous bargains, using your skills of separating the rare and unusual from the common. Now also is the time to visit all those garage and house sales because the dealers can't be at all of them at the same time so you may be fortunate enough to get the first look.

Early's auction just posted their catalog for the up coming sale and it looks as if there are going to be a few real bargains there so you may want to take a look. Also if you have made business cards now is the time to be passing them out. If you don't have them, now is the time to invest a few dollars to have some printed.

It will take a few days for me to get my equilibrium but then hopefully I can start a series of what new items we should be looking for.

My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership in the 31 Club. Join Us Today!
Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.

No comments:

Post a Comment