Thursday, July 30, 2009

“Carnival Glass With a Message” - Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Blog – You Will Smile.


Good luck Bowl - Thanks to usauctionlist.com


I am sure that you have heard that words are sometimes worth very little but this isn't always the truth. Let me share with you where words can mean a lot. Writing on Carnival Glass can greatly enhance its value, in fact, to a point that it is even hard for me to believe.

Because Cecil, my friend in Kentucky, was selling several pieces of Carnival glass, I thought that it might be time for me to update my personal information on Carnival. Boy was I surprised with the new prices. In fact I am glad that I haven't found any great Carnival Glass lately because I would have given it away. I am going to give you an update of five pieces and get ready to hold your hat.

A Millersburg piece called Court House came in a 7” bowl and only one color Amethyst. The old price was $2500 but today it should bring $4500. A George W. Getts plate by Northwood in Amethyst in the old book was listed for $2000 and today it is only $1850. That is where the bad news stops if you can believe it.

Now we are going to where the big money is and where finding one piece can change things in your life for awhile. The Good Luck Plate by Northwood was $5000 in my book but this piece in Ice Green now commands a price of $20,000. That could be a down payment on a house! But not to be outdone, the Soldiers and Sailors Indiana plate by Fenton has come a long way from its price of a few years ago of $3500 to where now people would search you out and pay $30,000 for one if you had it. Then we come to the lowly Indiana State House plate in Marigold that sells for $16,000 now versus the $3500 I remember. No one knows how many advertising pieces of Carnival Glass were made but I am sure there are many out there and some that haven't even surfaced yet. I hope you find one of those.

After getting the update from Cecil I had to catch my breath. I had no idea prices had climbed so high but you can bet that they got my attention. Cecil just sold a piece he had listed for $800 called the Campbell and Beesley bowl in Amethyst. I think that he was a little disappointed but still, how can you argue with almost a thousand dollars for something that was a give away?

Be sure to educate yourself to some extent on Carnival and if you have any question either call or email me. There are Carnival Glass Clubs that you can join. They are very inexpensive and I would suggest that you join one. I never thought that I would see a piece of Carnival Glass sell over $5000 and today the heavy hitters in this collectible must think that $5000 is chump change. HAPPY HUNTING.


My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership in the 31 Club. Join Us Today!
Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.

No comments:

Post a Comment