Monday, December 8, 2008

Daryle Lambert: The pictures from that Old Camera can be priceless



Thanks to Flicker


I was invited to a showing of photographs by a friend a few years ago thinking that I would be looking at a lot of pictures selling for $50 or less but was I surprised. Most of the ones hanging on the wall started at $1000 and went up from there. Mr. Porter my friend had several of his hanging and a couple of weeks after the show he informed me that all had sold with the exception of two.

In the past I had always though that only very early photographs from the turn of the 20th century or earlier had true value but I was mistaken. Yes these early pieces do command high prices but they aren't the only ones. Here is an example of a later photograph that did quit well, Carousel Horses, Israel Bidemananas, 1940 9 ½ by 1 inches $1150. Children are often great subject matter for photographers likt this one, Children Singing in the Rain, 1950, 13 5/8 by 17 ½ inches $485.

The best place to find this wonderful pieces of art often is in boxes in the basement or attic. They may be stored away in sleeves or folders and often the owner has even forgotten that they own them. Often the owners are personal friends of the artist and these were given as presents. I would like for you to spend some time on your computer researching the top photographers. A great source can be eBay in their completed section.

I am trying to complete this blog but I don't think I can. I haven't been out of bed all day and I feel weak as a kitten. Most of you have the Kovel Antique Price Guide so I would direct you to the section on photographs. You will find there why I want you to add these to your list of treasures to search for.

I hope to feel better tomorrow. But I could use as little pray.

Learn to Grow Your Bank Account Trading in Antiques & Collectibles. Register for the 31 Club. Daryle's 220 Page Book, 31 Steps to Your Millions in Antiques & Collectibles is FREE with your Membership.
Plus You Get FREE MENTORING with Daryle.
Join Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment