Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Daryle Lambert: The Grinch that Stole Christmas.



Thanks to gallery.avsforum.com


This is like no other Christmas that I can remember. Even three years ago when we started home to Kentucky from Chicago and had to spend the entire night in the car on the interstate during a blizzard doesn’t compare to this one. I think that we have run into the Grinch for sure this time.

You may not believe this, but I think that Old Grinch has stolen the Internet. It has been difficult at best to stay in touch with you, the 31 Club members and all the rest of our readers, the last couple of days but yesterday that Old Grinch decided to play for real. I attempted to post the blog all day and finally did get it up late last night but I was still trying to post a picture with the blog at 1:00 a.m.with no success. I hope that the only problem we have is the weather but after many hours and hundreds of attempts to send the blog I have my doubts.

Our record of posting a blog every day was in jeopardy but we managed to defeat that Grinch: but I am not sure what the rest of the week will hold. Here’s a thought - why don’t we start a new collectible of Grinch memorabilia? I think everyone has come in contact with him at one time or another! You could find figurines, Christmas cards and other items that portray this Christmas stealing varmit. I may even start my own collection about this old fellow myself.

Now for the good news: Joshua, Vickie and I attended a horse auction in Greenville Kentucky and believe it or not we didn’t buy a horse but how about a dog? You guessed it! We saw an Australian Shepard, the only dog that my wife ever mentions wanting to own, and we couldn’t resist petting it. That dog immediately bonded with her, followed her up the bleachers and laid her head on Vickie’s lap. I knew then - we had just bought us a dog.

After bringing Katy home, the Old Grinch reared his head up again. Katy chewed up Vickie’s new purse, a couple of ink pens and then the unforgivable; my favorite western belt. Through it all we still love her and can’t wait to get her to Chicago and her new home.

The next two days will be filled with family: siblings, parents and friends and I hope you will be doing the same. God is so good even if he does have a sense of humor but you know what the good book says; He does everything for our good according to his purposes. What this tells me is that maybe we all need to loosen up a little.

Don’t forget to remember other less fortunate than you. Our country needs to pray during these days of celebrating the best of all God’s gifts - the birth of His son Jesus Christ.

If you know someone that is have a bad day you may want to send them this blog and it should make their day better.

Learn to Grow Your Bank Account Trading in Antiques & Collectibles. Register for the 31 Club. Daryle's 220 Page Book, 31 Steps to Your Millions in Antiques & Collectibles is FREE with your Membership.
Plus You Get FREE MENTORING with Daryle.
Join Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment