Thursday, October 8, 2009

“It Is So Quiet” - Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Blog – The calm before the storm.


Money in Your Pocket


I am not sure that I have ever seen the markets as quiet as they are now. The silence is killing me but I have to remember that it is quietest before the storm. With the dollar sinking to new lows each day and investments in bonds and other investments returning less than the rate of inflation, what does that leave a person to do? Yes gold and silver have had their runs but I am close to giving a sell signal on them, so where does that leave us?

Maybe we need to look at history and find what give us the best chance for profit in these difficult times. I personally think that, just like in times past, all that is left that will continue to appreciate is Fine Art, Antiques and Collectibles. There has never been a time that these weren't the leaders in appreciation on the money that a person has to invest.

The strategy of buy and hold hasn't proven to be wise with the stock market dropping over 50%, and even with the huge rally we have experienced over the last few months, most people are still losing 25% of their investments in the stock market. But let's take fine art: for example, a Harvey Joiner painting (he's one of my favorite artists) just sold for its all time high at auction. I am seeing, even though we may never own one, paintings selling at auction for tens of millions of dollars and artists are setting new highs for their works every month. I believe the Art Glass markets are coming alive again as demonstrated by my friend being able to sell his collection at the high end of the market recently. If I am right, the pottery market for the better pieces will start improving and pottery will again be a great investment. Here is a little encouragement for all members to give an extra effort between now and the end of the year.

By not being able to buy much over the last six months, our coffers should be full and now is the time to spend that extra time in the pursuit of those great pieces that can really make you some money. I think it is about time for me to start publishing the Club's finds so that I won't just be talking the talk but will be walking the walk. I have a challenge for all of our members. If you can produce better results than your Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Club from now until the end of the year, the person who beats us by the most amount of money will receive $500 and the next person will receive $250. I will have to receive emails on your buys and sells and then you can keep a running total. I will post our totals on the site so all can see. I have to tell you that I don't like losing money so you had better be prepared for a race.

Just another little reason to be part of the greatest club in the world. $$$$$.

I hope that in the future we will be able to receive comments on the blog but that doesn't seem to be happening at the present time. I would appreciate if you would send all comment to www.31corp.com until I can solve this problem.

My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership in the 31 Club. Join Us Today!
Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.





No comments:

Post a Comment