Monday, October 12, 2009

“ Daum ” - Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Blog – Just like clockwork.


Ruth Bloch " Entanglement "



Saturday was wonderful but Sunday might have been just as good at the house sale I attended. Returning to a sale often can produce as great an event for you as the first day.

I am sure if you read yesterday's blog you remember the names Rosin and Bloch but I have two more to add to the list, Daum and Murano. When ever you see quality names in an ad then it might be time to jump into action. Few dealers want to spend large amounts of money on one item so this give you a huge advantage when it comes to purchasing rare and unusual items. This was demonstrated by my success at the house sale when all the little trinkets were bought but the expensive items remained for me.

The two sculptures that I purchased on Saturday with a total retail value of $23,000 now have to be added to my Sunday purchases. I usually don't conduct business on Sunday but in this case I was only going to pick up my purchase of the Ruth Bloch bronze sculpture and look around some more to see what might be left. To my amazement, the large Daum sculpture and a Murano piece were still unsold, as well as a Curt Frankenstein print that was given to me for my help moving items for the sale conductor. I also received a wonderful Chagall hardback book still in its wrapper for free. My total now from this one sale approaches $30,000 retail. This is why I continue to ask that you keep your powder dry and not just buy for the sake of buying. I should also share with you that I got two wonderful custom made stands for two of the purchases that would cost at least $1000 to have made.

One mile doesn't make a marathon and one day isn't a year so take your time, but when that special opportunity presents itself, be ready to pounce and don't get out of the game until it is over. That game is now over so it is time to go to the next one. I hope that this has encouraged you to make that extra effort because you never know when it is your time. The sale Sunday was of interest only because one item caught my fancy but look at what it turned into. This will also be your experience if you just stick to your guns and give that extra effort in finding the treasures that await you.

All of my purchases were for items that I would have thought too contemporary for me but after my research there was no doubt that at a certain price they would be mine.

I have to change my thinking a little because there are items produced after the 60's that collectors want to buy. I hope that you aren't stuck in the mud like I was and let other dealers make all the money on contemporary items. Money is money and new money smells even better than old, just like a car. Let's not forget what our purpose is: to complete the steps, and those 31 Steps can set you free. If you don't know what I mean by the 31 Steps, you must be a new reader and I would advise you to visit my site www.31corp.com.

I would like to write blogs on items the reader would like to know more about but now with 800 blogs in the vault I need ideas on what would interest you.

I hope that in the future we will be able to receive comments on the blog but that doesn't seem to be happening at the present time. I would appreciate if you would send all comment to www.31corp.com until I can solve this problem.

My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership in the 31 Club. Join Us Today!





No comments:

Post a Comment