Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Early's October Auction – Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Blog – The season for the best.


" New England Plater Amberina "


We are quickly coming into the prime time for antiques and fine art auctions. The best sales and prices usually come in the last three months of the year and I believe if you had the records available to you, the facts would bear it out. This is why I say that most high auction records are set in this time frame.

However, it is important to know how this fact can help us make money. There are several ways. First, by studying the catalogs from the major auction houses, you will have an excellent frame of reference in your treasure hunting because you will know what collectors are searching for. Second, by examining the sales results you will have an excellent idea what an item will sell for if you happen upon a similar one. But perhaps the most important thing that can be gleaned from these end of year sales, is the names of collectors that are looking to buy the best of the best and how you can contact them later. I spend more time talking to the audience at a sale than I do actually participating in the sale itself. By the end of each sale, I will have accumulated a list of buyers and what their specialties are so that I can contact them later. During the sale you shouldn't have to spend time studying what is being sold because you have already previewed the sales offerings.

Upcoming on October 30th is the Early Auction Company's “Fall Art Glass Auction” and I hope to be in attendance. The reason for this is because I want to hook up with old friends and make a few new ones.

Warner, one of the "Daryle Lambert Antique and Collectible Club", members and I have made a friend at a past Early's auction and now we know that this gentleman is one of the premier art glass collectors in the entire country. Why is this important you ask? Here is your answer. He is a wealth of information. We get to know what he is looking for and he can educate us on finding just the right pieces for him.


At this Early's sale there are two pieces of New England Plated Amberina that may be the top items at the sale and guess what, if I am correct our friend will be in on the bidding for both pieces. To show you how quality counts, neither one of these items are large, one being a toothpick holder and the other a sugar bowl. With estimates of $8,000 to $12,000 for each of these items, I can assure you I want to get to know their purchaser. Here is where you can see the upcoming Early's catalog www.earlyauctionco.com.

This is our time of year to make money and by the way, as others are saying that sales are slow, guess what? The three sculptures that I mentioned in a previous blog are all sold and the buyer is tremendously happy with the investment as well as the beauty of the pieces. I have seen the bronze that has been placed in a position of prominence in the living room of the buyer and it appears as if it were made for that location. Happy customers make happy dealers.


I hope that in the future we will be able to receive comments on the blog but that doesn't seem to be happening at the present time. I would appreciate if you would send all comment to www.31corp.com until I can solve this problem.



My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership in the 31 Club. Join Us Today!


No comments:

Post a Comment