Saturday, August 1, 2009

“The Tide Has Turned” – Daryle Lambert’s Antique and Collectible Club – Sales at Last.

$1250 In My Pocket

The stock market is recovering, Gold and Silver have lost their luster so where is a person to put their money. Bingo Antiques and Fine Art and that should be music to our ears. For the last six months I have had to work like a dog to make the simplest sale of any type of what would be call a treasure but the tide seems to be turning.

In the last couple of weeks I have sold a Roseville vase for $1250 that I would have taken $1000 for and that price wasn’t offered before even though I listed the piece on eBay several times. A painting that has been in our gallery for at least a year is now sold and believe it or not at full price. I am getting calls now on a daily basis wanting to know if our items in the gallery are still available, is this good news or what?

My question are you ready to get back to making money in the field of Art, Antiques and Collectibles. If you are ready for a change in attitude this is what I would suggest you do, first seriously try to spend the money you have in your account. The reason is that I feel bargains are still to be had in the marketplace because not everyone is seeing the tide turning.

Some members will still have their first $100 that I suggested they start out with while others may be setting on thousands in their account. Set a goal to complete at least the first five steps in the “Million Dollar Race” that you entered when you became a member of the Daryle Lambert’s Antique and Collectible Club { 31 Club }within the next six months. If you have already completed at least the first five steps then set your goal to reach the completion of the next two steps six and seven in the same six months. This would mean your bank account would have either $3200 or $12,800 in it within the next six months and now you will be ready to really set sail for parts unknown. At this point I think you would agree we would be talking about real money.

I can hear you say but what should I buy? For me pottery like Rookwood, Roseville, Grueby and Newcomb would definitely be considered and I think that these pieces can be bought now and met our goal of purchase. If you remember our rule in buying is to pay 25% of the retail price. In this depressed market, that we are coming out of, I think this can be accomplished rather easily.

Here is an example of what I am talking about, a friend of mine needs to sell something to pay bills that have accumulated over the last couple of months so he is selling a painting. This painting has a retail price of about $5500 but he is offering it now for $1900. At $1500 it would met our test and I wouldn’t hesitate to offer that for it. He had it priced much higher at one time and I shared my rule with him, don’t reduce your prices unless you receive a bid and then regardless of how low the bid is then you can start negotiating. But our needs often dictate our actions and in these times we must slow down have patience and let the market come to us.

This is the time to go back to basics and buy the things you know because by doing so you will find that your confidence will return quickly and you profits will again begin to sky rocket.



No comments:

Post a Comment