Thursday, August 6, 2009

“Star Wars” - Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible log – Something For Joshua.


Star Wars - Thanks to Flicker.com





I have been looking for something for Joshua my son and I to collect together for a few years now. Perhaps I have found the perfect collectible for us and it only came to me when Joshua asked me to watch a movie with him. It was one of the Star Wars series. We fixed popcorn, poured drinks and sat back for a great time together. Not being particularly interested in Star Wars in the past I thought this would be primarily for us to bond. Guess what? After only a few minutes I was so engrossed in the movie that when Joshua would want to ask a question I would say, "Just a minute".

Later thinking about this experience, it came upon me like a ton of bricks. I had found what I was looking for. After talking to Joshua, we decided this was the perfect collectible for our father and son team. After we decided that Star Wars was going to be it for us, I decided to do a little research. I have written a little about Star Wars earlier but never seriously considered collecting this material before. To my surprise you can spend as much or as little on Star Wars items as you wish.

Since this will be our first foray into collecting these figures and other items, it is always my rule to start at the bottom and earn the right to own the more expensive items as your knowledge base expands. But in the process I will be teaching Joshua that the collection will have to support itself. What I mean by that is when we buy several pieces to sell and have made a profit and reached our goal for the “Million Dollar Race”, then and only then can we set aside a piece for our collection.

This is going to give me a new incentive to visit more house sales and browse more garage sales. I hope to report great success as Joshua and I begin to work together. Isn't this a great way to involve your family in this money making venture and at the same time be teaching some great principles to your family?

I don't know if you have gone to eBay to search for Star War items lately, but I would suggest you do. Finding items from a few dollars to some that are priced at $25,000 or more got my attention and guess what, I bet some of those little figures will be dancing in my head tonight as I try to sleep. With 97,227 active listings on eBay I would have to say there are a few people besides Joshua and me interested in this material. Also I have to say I don't think you would be hurting for a market for the treasures you find. Just think if several members of our club become interested in Star Wars? How much fun we can have sharing information and even trading among ourselves! I particularly like the large frog.

My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership in the 31 Club. Join Us Today!
Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.

No comments:

Post a Comment