Monday, November 5, 2007

NUMBERS CAN COUNT - The Appeal of the 31 Club Community - Groups - Friends

We still have an 11 year old boy trying to start an after school Club with his friends so they can enter our Million Dollar Race here at the 31 Club. If you have been reading the blog, you have heard me talk about him.

Our hopes are that the school will encourage this wonderful group of boys and girls to expand their knowledge of economics by studying along with us. I have received several emails from them, asking for their advice and guidance, which to me is a great honor. I hope we can continue to support them in their efforts. If you have any ideas how we can get this message into our schools so that more students can become educated in ways to create their own future, would you please share them with us?

Yesterday, I got surprise when a wonderful lady, by the name of Marsha, approached me and asked if I remembered a phone conversation that we had.

At first, I honestly couldn't remember, and it took me a minute to get on the same track with her. It finally all came back to me. I remembered that she and some friends were looking for new challenges and opportunities and decided to start a business and they needed some space. We had spoken about where this space might be found. While we were speaking together today, I mentioned to her that I had also started a business, shared with her about the 31 Club, and gave her our website address. Lo and behold, Sunday morning she walked up to me at church and said, "Me and my friends are going to join your Club." Wow! That sure caught me by surprise. My only response was, "That is great, Marsha."

When I returned home after church and Joshua’s soccer game, I couldn’t get what Marsha had said to me off my mind. We were appealing to all ages? And if so, why? I’m sure that the possibility of making money might have something to do with it, but I can't help but think there has to be more to it than that. But what?

Then, I remembered what Pastor Marty had said in his sermon today. He said, " We need to be connected to God and then to one another, and after that, to reach out to others." I had my answer. We were doing just what Pastor Marty had said.

When we first started the 31 Club, I knew that it was going to be God based, because that is what I prayed for. In fact, I asked God to make it fail if it wasn’t pleasing to him. But if it was pleasing to him, that its success would change people's lives and the way they operate in the world.

Soon, we received e-mail from people who heard our message. We heard from Todd and he shared his story about his son. We hear from many others who read our blog and have joined our club who ask to be kept in prayer by our members. I believe this speaks volumes about how God is viewing our efforts. Maybe our message from the 31 Club is just beginning to be heard.

We are becoming a community through this Club. Yes, Marsha wants to join with us, and this will even draw her and her friends closer together because of their common interest. Yes, the young man of only eleven, along with his friends want to join with us so that they can share their common interest and set goals for themselves. Yes, we desire to bond together in a common goal that will not only benefit us, but all that come in contact with us, as we share our knowledge, friendship, and our lives with one another.

People need to share with others, both friends and strangers. My hope is that the 31 Club gives them the opportunity to do that very thing. Today has reawakend my desire to send our message to all that will have ears to hear. Yes, we can be as concerned about others as much as we are about ourselves.

Working together we are going to make a difference, I promise you that.

Let us hear from you. We are always open to new ideas and your input is highly valued.

Be sure to visit our web site for more information about how you can join the 31 Club and start your own race to your millions! Read more about it here!"The Guy in the Red Tie" --- Daryle Lambert

If you wish to leave comments use the ANONYMOUS button and then you don't have to sign in to leave your message.

1 comment: