Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Obama – Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Blog – Wasted Opportunity


This notice is for those of you who link to our blog through blogspot. On August 1, the new blogs will no longer appear on blogspot but only on the www.darylelambert.com site. We are giving over a month’s notice so that all of our readers will continue to receive the blog by linking to the home page. Blogspot will keep the old blogs, but after the first, they will not receive the new ones. 



It is time for me to fess up I was wrong on how history would treat Obama. I have written several articles on Obama in which I stated that, although I disagreed with him on almost everything, he would go down in history with Washington and Lincoln. This has become a nightmare for me as I see this president disintegrating before the country’s eyes. In his speech to the nation from the Oval Office, he seemed more like a little boy playing leader than the real thing. I have never seen a president be so far from what the voters wanted on almost every issue. If I didn't know better, I would think that he was trying to self destruct.

To my regret, I recommended that my readers buy the better items from the Obama campaign but now, I hate to admit it, but it will be a long time in coming for these items to appreciate much. The Chicago way seems to be in place throughout the entire White House and if I am correct, there are going to be scandals from this administration that will top even the worst in our country’s history.

The best way for me to evaluate what the public is thinking about Obama is to see what the prices are doing on items pertaining to him. There is no doubt that his memorabilia is sinking faster than the Titanic. His centerpiece for collectors is the Shepard Fairey poster and it can be purchased for half what it would have cost you after the election. Even his books and other signed items seem to be on the sales table today. Not even his most admiring fans seem to be willing to put their cash out for the President’s items.

Here is the difficult part. If you took my advice and bought Obama items and still have them, it would be my suggestion that you sell them now, knowing there will be a loss incurred. With the money you receive, you should be able to recoup your loss pretty quickly in other items that are under priced today.


My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques and collectibles is FREE with your membership in the Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Club.  Join Us Today

No comments:

Post a Comment