Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Facebook – Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Blog – Are you using it?





I received a call from a gentleman by the name of Steven yesterday and he really opened my eyes. His company helps people use the social networking channels in the proper way. I had never really thought much about what an impact the social networks could have on the Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Club, but he soon explained that I was perhaps missing out on the largest market on the web.

We talked for over an hour and I continued to stress that my plan was to get our club and the power of our marketplace and classifieds in front of millions of people by using Google and Yahoo. He agreed that using them to the fullest was one way to brand our company, but there was another way that was growing even faster and that is through the social networks. He gave me examples of the power of Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin and how they would be beneficial to our company.

If we contract with Steve's company to create a social networking page for the company, it will provide much needed exposure for us as a company and you as a member of the community that we are creating. This may give that effort a huge boost.

Here is where you come in. I recommend that all our members create their own Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin pages for yourself if you haven't already. These are all free and can be used to spread the word about you're doing in the antique and collectible markets. This will start your own communities and it will be a way you can reach out to the people that have become your community. You have heard me say that there is no better way of advertising yourself than word of mouth and that is what these sites provide.

We at the home office will consider this option for the company and if we proceed I will be sharing with you the ways in which you can tremendously increase your sales through these three avenues. At the present time, Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles has signed up for all three of these sites. Unfortunately they haven't been maximized but that could be changing very soon. There would be an expense to the company but the information that we receive could then be passed on to you free.

I will be writing more on this subject very soon I hope. 

My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques and collectibles is FREE with your membership in the Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Club.  Join Us Today


No comments:

Post a Comment