Saturday, November 21, 2009

Stars and Stripes Our Flag – Daryle Lambert’s Antique and Collectibles Blog – Stand Up.


Join Me

Today’s blog will come from my heart so I hope you will bear with me. It is time for us to stand up for our country and its flag. I still remember when I was in the first grade how proud I was when the teacher taught me how to say the Pledge of Allegiance and I put my hand over my heart. That feeling is still in me today no matter where that pledge is said--at a ballgame, a Memorial Day commemoration or a school event with my son, Joshua.


Why don’t we take this chance to show our love for the greatest country on earth by standing up for the United States of America? How can we do that, I am sure you’re asking? Here is my suggestion. Why don’t we start a national trend of collecting memorabilia that features our flag? What better way to show that we are united under the Red, White and Blue than to encourage others to find and display items featuring the flag.


Here is an idea. Why not buy and sell items from the military that show the flag, like patches, uniforms and military posters, Then show these to our children and tell them that anyone who serves this country is standing up for its freedom and those that oppose our soldiers are on the wrong side of the fence. We should also teach our children that being patriotic is an honor, not something to be ashamed of. On eBay today there are 8000 plus patriotic items being offered so there is definitely a market out there for us to tap into.


This seems to be a two for one opportunity for us, showing others how we feel about our country and making money at the same time.


I mentioned things from the military that the flag has been incorporated into but that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to items featuring our flag. First, the flag has long been used in paintings and when it is, prices skyrocket into the hundreds of thousands for one artist. I don’t have my reference books with me but this same artist painted scenes of New York with the American flag hanging from buildings. The flag has also been featured in glass, pottery and porcelain.


I sold a pair of gloves made by the first Americans that had beaded American flags on them for $5000 and if you are able to find a vintage quilt with flags on it, the price could be $10,000 or more. As you are out in the field searching for treasure, keep a keen eye out for that old Red, White and Blue and it will be true to you. GOD BLESS AMERICA


For more imformation go to www.31corp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment