Monday, February 16, 2009

Daryle Lambert: Another Way to Look at Money.



The Angel - Thanks to www.flicker.com



I have for almost two years now shared with you the way I feel a person can make an honest dollar today while still being a person of integrity. Yes, knowledge is the most important thing in reaching our goals, but yesterday I shared in an experience that went far beyond knowledge to the very heart of who we are.

Attending church as normal, I had prepared Josh, my son, for a field trip. We had stopped at McDonald's for breakfast, then journeyed on to church, My wife, Vickie, is in Hawaii so today was a man’s thing. Everything seemed to follow the normal course for me on Sunday morning until after the service a young friend of mine by the name of Austin walked up to me and said, “Can you take this offering?” This often happens to me when someone is late for service or misses the offering plate but this was a young man under twelve years old.

I looked down at his hands and there was this small cloth bag just filled to the brim with change. His eyes beamed with joy as I opened the bag to expose quarters, dimes and nickels. Believing that his intent was to give part of the coins to the church, I poured a few into my hand and asked if that was enough but his answer was “No, I want to give it all.”

I was amazed and asked how long he had been saving his money, “Just a few weeks”, was his answer. I looked at him and it was as if I were looking at an angel. There seemed to be this special light shining on him.

Not wanting this moment to pass, I found the head of our elders and asked him to let someone hold the things that he had in his hands and then form a cup with them. By this time a crowd had gathered watching what was transpiring. As I poured the little treasure in these large hands there appeared the most beautiful smile that I have ever seen on Austin’s face. I quickly explained what Austin had done and I believe that I saw tears in most of the eyes in the crowd. Austin had taught us all a lesson that we will never forget. He had given his all. Where have we heard that before?

I must ask you to forgive me but this was just too important not to share. I am sure that over the next few days I will get back to the lessons of making money but not today. I have to admit I even have a tear in my eye as I write this.



My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership. Join Us Today!

Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.

No comments:

Post a Comment