Sunday, May 10, 2009

“Mother's Day" - Daryle Lambert – Nothing else really need be said.


You Only Have One Rose

I would just like to ask all the readers whether they are mothers or have a mother to take the day off in honor of this special event that we celebrate once a year. My mother is 90 years old and she never fails to tell me that her children are the most important things in her life. I know, as her eldest son, that there is no way I can do justice to her for all that she has given me. From the early days when she would tend to my scrapes and bruises, till today when I need encouragement and she is always there, I just want to say to my mom thanks for always being there for me. God knew what he was doing when he selected you to be my "MOM.”

Next, I would like to share with you the most wonderful lady in the world, my Vickie, who is the mother of our 10 year old son Joshua. In the Bible, God told a lady she was going to have a son even at her advanced age. She laughed but God knew the truth. Some of the time I feel like that when I think of what God provided for me. I was 58 and Vickie was 40 when our son was born. I don't believe that God could have given me a greater blessing.

The Bible tells of the pain of childbirth but I have never heard of a woman that wouldn't do it all over again for her children. Yes, we as men have a special place in God's heart, but I doubt that it compares to the love he has for mothers. For far too long mothers have been the unsung heroes but not on this day. Let's ask that all the bells in heaven will ring for mothers today.

Be sure that you call, visit and communicate any other way you can with your mother. Yes, some of your mothers may have passed on but if you offer up a prayer for them, I promise you they will hear it. Nothing that is could be without mothers. Their endless work is never completed but they continue to do it unselfishly.

Here is just a little poem I found on the Internet :


Another Mother's Day is here,
Bringing joy and pleasures new,
On this special day, Mother dear,
I want to remember you.
I cannot give you costly gifts,
And I've told you this before,
No matter what I give to you,
You give back much, much more.
I'm giving you a pure, sweet rose,
Gathered in the early morn,
This rose you planted in my heart,
The day that I was born.
In kindly, loving thoughts of you,
And with the faith you still impart,
The rose I give to you today,
Is the love that's in my heart.

Be thankful this day that God knew who would be the perfect mother for you.




My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership in the 31 Club. Join Us Today!
Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.

No comments:

Post a Comment