Thursday, May 21, 2009

“ Going Home “ - Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Club – Things are different in the South.



My Old Kentucky Home - Thanks to neilsgallery.com


This will be my first time back home in awhile and I hope to make the best of it. I know for sure that I will visit Nashville and the shops, malls and markets there. It will be interesting to see if I can keep my record alive because I have never come home without treasures when I take these trips. A must is to stop and visit my 90 year old mother and also deliver a few paintings to Cecil that will sell very quickly there in Kentucky. This will be a very interesting trip because I feel like I am doing interstate commerce. Taking things to the Southerners that meet their fancy while returning hopefully with pottery, glass and painting there that aren't as appreciated there but they meet the Northerners pallet just fine.
There are several lessons to be learned here the first is try to find things where you are that would be better served in another local. Second you should know the differences in value for items from one location to another. In the South primitives can bring price that would knock your eyes out but in the north often you can't give them away. I just wrote about the Jackson press, sugar chest and sideboard that a member is going to be selling soon. These pieces in the North would struggle to bring a modest price but in the South I can assure you they will be sold at a very heavy premium. But often in the South a painting that isn't a regionalist from that area can be purchase for a song. I have long since stopped enjoying these long buying trips but if I am traveling anyway so why not pick up a few shekels.
It is going to be difficult keeping up the blogs because I will be traveling but the biggest problem is that my partner is having a knee replacement this weekend. Ondre Huston has been my solid rock by keeping me on schedule but she will be out of pocket the same time as I am traveling. I would ask that all our members keep her in prayer for her well being and also her family's. I have to admit I will be praying harder than most because I don't think I can do without her.
The new plans for the 31 Club are beginning to shape up and I am keeping my fingers crossed that within two weeks you will not be able to recognize it. The name change alone will make a whale of a difference. I just want to thank every member for their patience during this transition period but I don't think you will be disappointed. I also ask for your prayers for my family and me as I travel. You know I am celebrating my birthday today and since I am now 68 I hope that I will be able to find my way home.



My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership in the Daryle Lamberts Antique and Collectible Club . Join Us Today!
Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.




No comments:

Post a Comment