Sunday, May 31, 2009

“Doesn't Have to be Expensive” - Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Club - Way to Go, Lou Ann.


Looking for Bargains - Thanks to www.flicker.com



Have you noticed that some people just keep plugging away? Lou Ann is one of those people and I knew it from the first email I received from her. No, I don't expect to her to call me about that $100,000 painting, but who knows? What I do know is that she continues to come up with items each week that make her money. She seems to be able to pick small treasures from sales that others overlook. What she finds are listed artist paintings and pottery and glass by the better known companies and artists.

Let me give you three examples just in the last three days, First was a painting by a listed artist on Askart named popowski from California. Yes this artist did sign her name with all lower case letters and her first name is stella. Lou Ann asked me what she should pay for the painting and I said under $100. Well she bought it for a good deal less. Here is the exciting thing about stella popowski. She was a very well known jewelry designer. This should make her paintings valuable to the collectors of her work. I suggested that she search out markets in California for the painting and she may well be surprised with what it brings.

Not long after receiving her first email there came another one asking about the artist Frans Jacob D. Boers . She started by stating that it wasn't anything special. I think she said it cost her $5 but he was listed in Askart and the Netherlands is his home. I could only find one painting for him but it sold for over $900 and it was rather small. I don't believe Lou Ann will have any problem making a nifty profit on this painting. Now she had a double and a single in baseball terms and I wondered what was coming next. It didn't take me long to find out.

Why should I have been surprised when the next email was about a signed Peter Max poster. Checking the signed posters by Peter Max on eBay there have been ones sold from $250 - $350. I tried to figure what Lou Ann had made for herself today and the best I can come up with is about $2000. I have to admit that I would work for that pay check. Congratulation Lou Ann and I would have to say you are one of the leaders in the “Million Dollar Race.”

I have been very sick today and haven't gotten much accomplished but I would sure appreciate your prayers.


My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership in the Daryle Lamberts Antique and Collectible Club . Join Us Today!
Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.


No comments:

Post a Comment