Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Fiesta Ware - Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Blog - “What's Hot and What's Not.”


Fiestaware - Than ks to Flicker.com



Every year I write a “What's Hot and What's Not Hot” list for the members of the Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectibles Club. I do these lists to share with the members of the club my knowledge of the future trends in the markets we follow. My hope is that the knowledge will help our members find more treasures over the future years.

I have to admit that it had been quite some time since I last went over my list for this year, but as I did, it became apparent to me that there would be several changes in the list next year. In fact, you saw one of the changes that will appear on the new list in yesterday’s blog on Collector Plates. Today’s blog will be featuring another: Fiesta Ware. These are two examples in which items have come back into fashion with the collector.

Fiesta Ware lost a lot of its value when the reproduction pieces were introduced into the marketplace, however, it seems that enough time has passed since their introduction that the collectors feel confident in their ability to distinguish the real from the reproductions. I remember when a green onion soup bowl sold for over $10,000 and any piece of red Fiesta would bring a pretty penny.

Over the last few years, because I had put both Collector Plates and Fiesta in the don't buy column, I am sure that there were many treasures passed by me in my searches. But you can be assured that this old dog is going to learn a new trick and that, is to never assume that once prices go down they never will go up again. Both Plates and Fiesta seem to be on the rise in value. This could be because of the economy and people searching for less expensive items to collect. I will share with you some recent prices on Fiesta: Chartreuse green tumblers - 4 - $4000, 10” Blue vase $950, Nests of 7 bowls with 6 different colors - $780 with 38 bids, Relish tray 3 colors - $275 with 5 bids, 1937 Red footed bowl - $275 with 9 bids and a Red teapot $202.50 with 26 bids. I believe these prices are near where the prices were for Fiesta before the reproductions hit the markets. Before you venture into Fiesta Ware I would advise that you purchase a guide and one is the Collector's Encyclopedia of Fiesta by Bob and Sharon Huxford however there are others.

My new list will be substantially different than it was this year and you can be assured that there will be new entries both for the hot and not hot list.


I hope that in the future we will be able to receive comments on the blog but that doesn't seem to be happening at the present time. I would appreciate if you would send all comment to www.31corp.com until I can solve this problem.



My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership in the 31 Club. Join Us Today


No comments:

Post a Comment