Monday, December 14, 2009

Anna Pig – Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectibles Blog – Where have I heard that before?


ANNA PIG - Thanks to www.annapottery.com



I am sure that you are familiar with Anna pigs, right? If you don't know Anna pigs, it could only be because you haven't been a reader of my blog. I have been a true lover of folk art for many years and the Anna Pottery company produced some of the best pieces ever made in my opinion, but I will let them speak for themselves.


Anna Pottery boasted the finest examples of nineteenth century folk art which was the creations of the brothers Cornwall and Wallace Kirkpatrick. These unique pieces of pottery were the “messengers” from with their opinions on Politics, Corrupt Tax Revenuers, the Temperance Movement, and many other socially engaging topics were conveyed.

This unique pottery was hand crafted in
Anna, Illinois from 1859 to 1896 featuring presentation pig flasks, snake jugs, frog mugs and many other unique items that were presented to people of prominence such as City Officials, Deans of Universities, Governors and the Smithsonian Institute.

We hope you enjoy this site and if you have any interesting stories or pieces of Anna Pottery we would love to hear from you.

You may contact us at: info@annapottery.com.

Pretty neat stuff wouldn't you say? But I know you are asking why am I doing another blog on this company so soon. Well you see, I received an email from a wonderful lady saying she needed to sell an Anna Pig and asking if I would be interested. What do you think my answer was to her? “Of course I am.” She immediately began to say that it had been offered to an auction house but the auction it would fit wouldn’t take place until April and that didn't fulfill her needs. Auctions are great but when you have another plan for your money, those plans often won't wait on the auction’s schedule. This is where you can step in to help a person by being fair to them and meeting their schedule but also obtain real treasures and make a profit for yourself.

If you get a reputation for quick action, I promise the sellers will seek you out and the results will be your becoming known as a dealer with cash who is looking to invest in the truly rare and unusual items. This will also move you along in your search for the more expensive and profitable treasures you seek. Remember, when a member asks how to get out of dealing in the $5.00 and $10 dollar items, this is one way.

You have to be a self promoter if you truly want to be successful in the Antique and Collectible business so I ask you how many people have you approached this last week to tell them about your business? If the answer is none, then you aren't in business yet. I would consider myself a complete failure if I didn't tell at least 10 new people each day what I do. I have people call me who I just met in the grocery store last week but also people that I have gotten to know five years ago. This is a numbers game and the more people that know what you do, the greater your success will be. The lady that called on the Anna Pig had heard that I wrote a blog on Anna Pottery and once lived in Kentucky. That was all she needed to contact me and I am so glad she did.

But you know the greatest thing about this newfound friendship was when we began talking about the Christmas Season and I found out that she is a believer with wonderful children. Believe it or not, I think that we talked about this more than about the pig. May you be blessed with many friends and family members but never forget the blessings you have already received.

My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership in the 31 Club. Join Us Today
www.darylelambert.com




2 comments:

  1. Speaking to 10 new people a day is easy when you love what you do. I can't tell you how many good leads I've gotten just from the clerk at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete