Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmases Past Toys – Daryle Lambert’s Antique and Collectible’s Blog – Things to Remember.


Harry Rinker - Thanks to Harryrinker.com


Hopefully, by the time you read this, my family will be settled back at home in Chicago. Vickie will be putting things away as Joshua and I play with his new WII. That seems unfair but Vickie would rather Joshua and I stay out of her way. It always amazes me how everything seems to get put back in its proper place without me even moving one thing.

But it is about this time of year that I start thinking about all the presents that I have received that turned out to be treasures ten years later. Yes, many of the gifts that are exchanged this year will be tomorrow’s collectibles of value. If you wish to give a special gift, you might think about giving vintage toys. I remember, I believe, when toy expert Harry Rinker picked the top toys from each year and bought one hundred dollars worth of them and then stored them, hoping that in a few years they would be treasures in mint condition.

I still remember my first Christmas presents such as Japanese tin toys, I wish they had been robots that today sell for tens of thousands, or cast iron racers that may sell today for one thousand or more. Then we can move it up a little to when my first children collected Hot Wheels, like the VW bus that auctioned for over $18,000, or my little girl’s Barbie from 1959 that also sold for nearly $20,000.

But we don’t have to stop back there because my youngest children had huge collections of Star Wars toys plus G.I. Joes. If you wish you might check eBay for these toys but be prepared for a surprise. These toys can definitely help you to your goals whatever they may be. Isn’t it wonderful that toys that brought us so much fun as children can even bring us greater pleasure as adults?

On a serious note, this time of year, from now to the end of January, will be when people will be cleaning out their closets so that they will have room for all the new items they received for Christmas. I have been able to buy some of the best buys ever because the old things are not exciting any longer and they are replaced by the new gifts. There won’t be as many garage and house sales during the winter but don’t miss them because treasures come at the most unexpected times. This is also a great time for inexpensive ads in your local papers. These can product unbelievable surprises for your bank account. Be a contrarian because when others don’t think their efforts will produce success is when you want to be the most active and guess what, there will be less competition for the great items you will find.

We at the Daryle Lambert’s Antique and Collectibles Club are preparing for a great 2010. God Bless

My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership in the Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Club. Join Us Today
www.darylelambert.com



2 comments:

  1. you have a nice site. thanks for sharing this valuable resources. keep it up. you can also earn money from here

    http://hutmoney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are working on the site as we speak. Yes there will be RSS feeds.

    Daryle

    ReplyDelete