Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tis the Season - Getting Prepared


Believe it or not Christmas is right around the corner. This is the time to be watching for those special buys that will pay big rewards, and some of these buys can be collectibles of the Christmas season.

Post cards with the Old Santas on them can bring a couple of hundred dollars or more. You may find cards from as early as the 1900's, because the postal service approved post cards in the United States in 1872. What do I mean by Old Santas? They are usually skinny, and with a different beard than we are accustomed to seeing on Santa. Their suit is different, also.

I once was at a garage sale and came across a photo album that contained about 100 old Santa cards. Being new to these collectibles, I asked the price and the woman said $250. I thought that was too much so I passed on them. Returning home and doing my homework, I rushed to my car and headed back to the sale. So sad, yes, they were gone. I had missed a treasure, but learned in the process. I now know that the album could have been worth fifteen to twenty thousand dollars. I should have trusted my instincts and bought them on the spot. Oh well, at least I have a great story to tell.

It might be worth your while to study other post cards, because many of them can make you have a wonderful day of hunting if you find them. Go to eBay and enter post cards, then completed and last highest price. These pieces will become a part of your unconscious memory that will be called upon if you see them again.

I will follow up with other Christmas collectibles tomorrow. The whole family can get involved in the search for these wonderful collectibles that bring back past memories for all.

Be sure to visit our web site for more information about how you can join the 31 Club and start your own race to your millions! Read more about it here!"The Guy in the Red Tie" --- Daryle Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment