Sunday, September 16, 2007

PICK YOUR HEROES - Whoever They Are


I remember Roy Rogers, Hopalog Cassidy, Whip Wilson, Howdy Doody, Popeye, Captain Mavel, Dick Tracey, Flash Gordon, Lone Ranger, Mickey Mouse, Daniel Boone, any Soldier and so many other Heroes from my youth. These Heroes appeared bigger than life to me, and I loved each one. We played outside a lot in Kentucky, and imitating these characters was where we spent most of our time.

Who were your heroes? If you are older than me, they would have come from the Bible, newspapers or the radio. But if you are younger, they probably came from comic books, television or the computer. These characters can range from Li'l Abner to the Beatles, but the one thing that they all have in common is that they have become very collectible.

A Superman ring will bring thousands of dollars, while a Steiff Teddy Bear might easily bring forty or fifty Thousand. Beatles memorabilia can bring hundreds of thousands for one piece and the same can be said of Elvis.

There seems to be no shortage of money when collectors want that special item that puts them in touch with their childhood. We all have fabulous memories of the past, and these character seem to dim the hard times we might have had from our thoughts.

As you are out there seaching for Treasure, be sure to include your Heroes in that search. Don't forget that Robot that brought over $100,000 or that Hot Wheel bringing $18,000. These aren't some distant dream, but items that are being found every day by someone, and it could easily be you.

We are starting a new week, and there will be a new Star. Perhaps your name will appear in that section. Dreams are only as good as you make them, so dream on and never let anyone or anything take your dreams from you. Let me hear from you.

Be sure to visit our web site for more information about how you can join the 31 Club and start your own race to your millions! Read more about it here!

"The Guy in the Red Tie" --- Daryle Lambert

4 comments:

  1. Daryle: I am out there looking all the time. I'm sure I have become quite the pesty little thing to you, but you are always gracious with your time, thanks.

    I put a few things on ebay that I bought with my hundred dollars. I am not trying to nickel and dime, but am having a hard time finding that better item. I paid 9.99 for an oil painting and it sold for 100.00 last night. My profit after all expenses was 87.57.

    I have six more items on ebay that will close this Thursday. Four of them are paintings also. I spent a total of $71.00 for them so hopefully I will have a profit of $120.00 after expenses. I'll have to wait till late Thursday to find out. If I don't I will keep going until I get past that first step.

    Keep looking everyone. I'll check back in on Thursday.

    Oh by the way, is there a place where we can communicate with other people in the club besides through the comment section.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, Congratulations on your find! Sounds like you are doing great! I too was wondering if we would have an area to communicate with other club members because it's such fun to hear about everyones finds! Let us know your results on Thurday! I for one, can't wait to hear your news! Vicki H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki: What happened when you went to that auction? Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent my $500 on a crazy item. It is a Mackenzie Childs Sink. All hand painted tiles with pottery sink that sits in light wood base and carved ball feet - Very wild looking. I won't get it on ebay till next week. And I hope I didn't make a mistake - UGH! I also bought a crystal chandelier and a gorgeous signed waterford bowl. So, I'll keep you posted if this works! Vicki H.

    ReplyDelete