Friday, September 14, 2007

Pennies Make Dollars - Ask Your Children


The other day, my son Joshua introduced me to his latest collectible: Pokemon Cards. I thought that I had heard of most things that were being collected, but this one was new to me.

Off to the computer I went, and guess what? Over $200 being paid for one card. Can you imagine that? There were over 4000+ auctions on eBay that were completed for these cards. Will these be the next baseball cards, I don't know, do you? What about Webkinz? Can they replace the Teddy Bear? Things do change, don't they?

What other items are the young people collecting? It was Star Wars items a few years ago, and look at the pricing of these item now. I wish that I had bought and sold these toys years ago, and while I was at, put a few choice pieces back for my own collection. I would be in high cotton today.

Car racing is the fastest growing sport in America. They can't build enough seats for all the fans that want tickets. This gives the collector a wide variety of memorabilia to collect, from individual drivers to their teams and even the individual races will provide a wide choice to pick from. Just think of all the possibilities that could be used to start a collection in racing.

What I am trying to point out is that, sometimes, it is better to look to the future rather than the past. Depression glass, pressed glass, hand painted porcelain and even model A Fords don't bring today generally what they did at one time in the past.

The Antique and Collectible industry is like the stock market in one respect. You want to follow the trends. Cars from the sixties are in, ones from the twenties and thirties are out. Rookwood pottery from the 1800's is out, but pieces from the thirties are in. I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

If we look at the contemporary collectibles, they will serve us well, if we only buy the cream of the crop in each field. Don't be afraid to buy these pieces even if they my be a little pricey. You will find collectors ready to take them off your hands and still give you a handsome profit.

I would like for you to share some of the things that you see your children or other's children collecting today. Lets get with it.

e sure to visit our web site for more information about how you can join the 31 Club and start your own race to your millions! Read more about it here!

"The Guy in the Red Tie" --- Daryle Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment