Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Futura Roseville – Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Blog – The Best of Roseville

Roseville Futura - Thanks to liveauctioneers.com



Times have been tough but not for the Futura pattern of Roseville pottery. I have often said the best of the best will always have a market and that is true of Futura. In fact, now might be the best time to buy Roseville Futura that we have had for many years. The sellers seem to be resigned to the fact that collectibles have been affected by the recession and they are pricing their pieces more reasonably than in the past.

I just received an email with some pictures of pottery that a lady wanted to sell and, believe it or not, there was a wonderful Futura vase, in a pattern that I hadn't seen before, in the pictures. She will be very surprised when I share with her what the value for her vase should be. If it were mine, you would have to pay between $1200 and $1500 for the piece and you still might be getting a bargain. I don't believe the owner knew it was Futura and, even if she did, I doubt that she would have thought the value would be as high as it is. She has just paid for her membership in the Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Club by receiving that information.

Why wouldn't the average person recognize Roseville Futura? First, it isn't marked, because originally it had a paper label that is almost always removed and second, most people have only seen a few pieces of this pattern. So get busy and study all the different shapes and patterns of Futura and you will definitely find a piece in your hunt for treasures that will pay off handsomely. Here is a Roseville site that will help you tremendously.

I was looking in a garage once just to see if perhaps there might be something at the sale that others had overlooked. In the corner of the garage, I saw a large clump of dried plants, but what interested me was the container that they were housed in. Yes, it was one of the largest Roseville Futura vases that I had ever seen. Not wanting to raise the suspicion of the sale conductor, I asked the cost of the planter. “Oh you can have that for $5.00”, was her answer. I quickly picked it up and took it to the car, only to put it in the trunk because it was so dirty. Do I have to tell you that vase didn't stay in my possession long and the $2500 that it brought started my month on a very high note.

Know the unusual and rare. How many times have you hear me say that? This is another example of where it paid off in spades. Happy Hunting! 


My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques and collectibles is FREE with your membership in the Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Club. Join Us Today http://www.darylelambert.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment