Monday, April 26, 2010

Children's Books – Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Blog – Your Favorites.


Treasure Island - Thanks to Taringa.net




I have written several blogs in which I mentioned books that I loved as a child. Some of those books even had an influence on my life. Reading can take children into another world, perhaps especially when the one they’re in isn't comfortable for them. Many young people become emerged in the books they read, while others develop invisible friends. Even as adults, we may want copies of the books that influenced us in our earlier years.

To my surprise, there have been several emails sent to me at the Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Club, asking if I would include different books in some of my blogs but until now I couldn't figure out how to do that. So today, I am going to make this blog about books that have had an effect some of our members’ lives as a children.

First, two that meant so much to me that they were included in my book 31 Steps to Your Millions in Antiques and Collectibles. Treasure Island and Robinson Crusoe allowed me to dream about finding treasure when there was little treasure in my life. Wearing used clothing and getting one present a year wasn't a Life of Reilly back in the 40's. But when I entered the world of Treasure Island and Robinson Crusoe, I became a giant.

Other books that members shared with me are: The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, now that one would have scared me, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn and the Little House on the Prairie, which stole my heart. Then there was those that just made you feel good like Little Women, Black Beauty and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

If you would like to review a list of Classic Children books, you can find one at Wapedia. This may be interesting for you as it brings back memories that you may have forgotten. Many of these books as first editions will reward you with thousands of dollars in your pocket and many may actually increase that total to tens of thousands. Take time to look through all the books that can be found at your next garage or house sale. Who knows? There might have been a first edition passed down through the family.

Amazon.com is always a great place to find books that I’ve mentioned and others that I haven’t. Abebooks.com is also a very good reference for you to use in pricing your books. Happy Reading

My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques and collectibles is FREE with your membership in the Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Club. Join Us Today http://www.darylelambert.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment