Thursday, March 25, 2010

Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend – Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Blog – Mine too.


What a Sparkler - Thanks to Timtim.com


 
Who says a blind hog can't find an acorn? I may have done that very thing by finding a 4.29 carat diamond for sale. Yes you heard me right, 4.29 carat. This will definitely be the largest stone that I have ever owned but that might just be for a very short time. I may turn it into profit in one day.

A friend of mine asked if I handled diamonds. My answer was “sure” but little did I expect to be approached on a stone of this size. Even though he has all the documentation, I still am not qualified to appraise this diamond so I called another friend of mine and shared the story with him so that he would know what I had been offered. He deals in quality jewelry and watches and I respect his opinion.

So off we go and tomorrow the seller and the buyer will be meeting and hopefully I will have another story to add to my growing list. Vickie, my wife, numbers my stories and this one might be 4,500 or so. Here is the wisdom that I want to share with you. You may think that pottery or art glass are your specialties but never be afraid to venture into other areas because there is always going to be someone who can help you where you are weakest in your knowledge base. Yes, I will share the profit, but remember a half loaf is better than no loaf at all. 

Isn't this a wonderful business where we all can work together and everyone gets a piece of the pie? My friend will be acting as an associate for me and whatever I make won't have taken a nickel out of my pocket. You have heard that saying “Think outside of the box”. In this case, I am thinking way outside my box but you know, if the deal is completed, the dollars that I make will go right back into items more familiar to me like the painting that the woman in California wants to sell. This is getting real interesting and my mind is spinning as I ask myself how many times I will double my money this year? 

Have you thought about what this year is going to bring you? I hope to update the Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Club’s records soon and see where we are in the Million Dollar Race. I know by the end of 2010 you will see that completing the 31 Steps that we use as a guide will seem far more possible to obtain. Go for the Gusto this year.
My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques and collectibles is FREE with your membership in the Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Club. Join Us Today http://www.darylelambert.com/


.

No comments:

Post a Comment