Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dave Smallhouse – Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Blog – A Real Man.



I don't believe that I have to defend Dave Smallhouse as an exceptional glass artist because you can determine that for yourself after viewing his work on the www.davesmallhouseartglass.com site. I fell in love with his pieces when Warner Smith, my friend and the founder of www.glassclubs.com, introduced me to his vases that were decorated with the most realistic animals that I had ever seen besides in a zoo.

But that isn't what I think Dave Smallhouse is all about. You see, he is very approachable and a down to earth guy. I only talked to him for a few minutes before he had won me over and I knew we would become friends. I had to call his office on another matter and believe it or not, his wife, Hannah is of the same nature. It seemed as if I had known them all my life. What a pleasure it was to be sharing with this wonderful couple that didn't seem to want attention or need to be treated as royalty.

Have you seen a more realistic octopus or, for that matter, frog? He is constantly working to bring new ideas in glass to the market and I believe he sets the standard for the type of work that he does. Yes, I couldn't resist purchasing one of his pieces and you are viewing it for the first time today. The vase itself is done in foam green that reminds me of the coast off of California and that little octopus is just waiting for a crab to pass his way. I can't tell you how long I have sat and just admired this piece.

Here is the message for you. Dave Smallhouse has a bright future ahead of him so why don't we participate in it with him by creating a wonderful primary and secondary market in his work? Once you have a piece of his work in your hand, there will be no doubt you will wish to sell his masterpieces but watch out. You may, like me, just have to buy one for yourself. Enjoy these pictures until there is one in your living room. By the way, his prices are great too because I don't think he knows how special his work is. 

My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques and collectibles is FREE with your membership in the Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Club. Join Us Today http://www.darylelambert.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment