Thursday, April 30, 2009

"New Kid on the Block" - www.glassclubs.com – Daryle Lambert – Warner Smith Does It Again.


Satava Sideswimmer - Thanks to - www.ohmygodardbranson.com


I remember when my parents would tell me something as a child and say not to tell anyone else the secret. This almost always nearly killed me so I would just give my best friends a hint that I had a secret. This is what my friend Warner did to me.

Several months ago he shared his new plans for an Art Glass website and I thought it was a terrific idea. However, he told me that I couldn't share it with anyone else. Yes, you guessed it. I felt just like a child again. It was impossible for me to totally keep the secret so I did mention some of what he was doing in a previous blog for the members of the 31Club but I didn't mention his name. Warner has taken a new partner with him in this venture and his name is Jerry. What knowledge Warner doesn't have about art glass, Jerry does. He is one of the foremost authorities on all types of glass in the United States.

The secret was released yesterday and you can find it at www.glassclubs.com. This site will become one of the most frequented sites for art glass on the web. I am so envious of the technical aspects of the site that I have asked Warner to share his technician with me.

With the formation of a new club that incorporates the Lotton, Satava and Smallhouse Clubs into one, there will be a huge following of this site. You will remember that I gave you a sneak peek by mentioning both Satava and Smallhouse as art glass masters to keep your eye out for in a previous blog. There will now be an excellent secondary market in all three of the studios' production and this will provide stable prices for their works of art. The www.glassclubs.com will have a wonderful traders area where you will be able to buy as well as sell your pieces. I would recommend that all that read my blog join this club.

Both of these new artists carried by the “Glass Club” make unusual pieces that I guarantee will be represented in my personal collection some day. Satava makes paperweights from clear crystal that contain the most realistic Jellyfish that you have ever seen. The one I want is the side swimmer. I could sit and stare at one of these for hours. But not to be outdone, Smallhouse produces pieces that are topped with the most beautiful and colorful frogs and octopuses that you have ever seen. I will own one of the Smallhouse jars topped with an octopus someday.

These three artists are the supreme art glass masters of the present day and their works will definitely appreciate in value. Since they are still relatively unknown by most people there is always a chance you could sneak up on one of these treasure at a price for below their true value.

Congratulations to Warner and Jerry for their support in bringing the art of collecting “Art Glass” out of the darkness and into the light. Be sure to check out the new site and I believe that you, like myself, will be amazed.


My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership. Join Us Today!
Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.


No comments:

Post a Comment