Monday, April 20, 2009

“ Are You fully Invested? “ Daryle Lambert- Antiques and Fine Art Compared to the Others


W. A. Slaughters Painting


I am ask every day about the economy and where people should put their money. I have a pat answer for these folks and it is where it will bring you the greatest returns. There is a time and place for everything. Yes silver at 3 or 4 dollars was a great buy and the same could be said about Gold at 600 dollars but not today. Only the hustlers are touting Gold and Silver today. Even I might not be ashamed to have 5% of my portfolio in the metals but I would have bought them many years ago. If my readers had listened to me they would have 50% gains in Silver and almost 20% in Gold as these commercial metals continue to decline in value.

If not metals then what. How about real estate? This has proven to be one of the best investments over time in the history of this country and now it may be at that statics again. The only problem is do you have the cash available to purchase properties? The requirements have been tightened and you will find it very hard to buy a property with least than 20% down and even then you had better have great credit. Because of the need for large amounts of cash to purchase real estate this take it out of the reach of most people.

Going down my list of potential investment the next area that I discuss with investors is the stock market. Here you don't have to possess the total capital required for real estate and we are perhaps at the best buying opportunity for stocks in the last 50 years. I personally am fully invested because I believe that cash is the worst place to put our money today. The people that have cashed everything out that they own and put it under the mattress will sleep on a soft pallet but it will be an expensive lesson as inflation eats away at their savings. On a scale from one to ten one being the worst place for you money and 10 the best cash would be a one. I believe that if you do your research just like we teach at the 31 Club, for stocks rather than Antiques and Fine art, you will be greatly rewarded in the future by your stock investments.

But you knowing me I am sure that you know I have kept the best for last. Yes there will be no greater investment in these hard times than Antiques and Fine Art. Over the last 50 years even real estate couldn't keep up with these investments. I just saw a painting by Bruce Crane only be bid to a few hundred dollars when its actually value I feel should be at least $10,000. What else provides you the opportunity to at least double your money within a matter of days after it is purchased. I have demonstrated this to you just over the last couple of weeks. First the Graf painting selling at $3000, then the Lotton glass bringing almost $2000 for two pieces and then the Ila McAfee painting selling for $750. All of these equaled or exceeded our goal of a double. There was also the Rolex watch and at the present time the 31 Club has several other items selling on eBay that should do equally as well ads the items I just mentioned.

Yes my opinion hasn't changed during these rather difficult time if anything I have just become more convinced the the Antique and Fine Art business is the way to go. No I done suggest that you invest all your money in these but I do believe that it should command a prominent position in you portfolio. I think I can say without hesitation that nothing else you own will out preform this investment. If you still adhere to the old adage “Cash is King” I feel there will be a time you will have to pay the piper.


My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership. Join Us Today!
Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.

1 comment: