Sunday, April 26, 2009

“ How is Obama Doing? “ - Daryle Lambert- Is there still money to be made there?


President Obama - Thanks to blogs.diariosur.es

It has been a while since I traveled back to my predictions about President Obama's collectibles. You may recall that I said in my opinion they would equal Washington and Lincoln in value some day. I still haven't changed my mind and perhaps my opinion has even strengthen. How can you say that most would ask?

I just checked eBay to see the progress Obama memorabilia has taken. Yes the feeding frenzy may be over but how about the true under lying values. His hope posters are still selling quiet well with the last two bring $4000 and $3550 respectively. Not bad for something that was given away. These signed posters with in the next 20 years could be $25,000 each or more. I wish that I could tell you what the more could be but I will leave that to your imagination. His first edition book Audacity of Hope sold for $2000 signed. This was a true bargain but you must have proof that it is his signature or have it authenticated. I believe if you search for the values of books signed and written by early past Presidents you will hurry out and buy every one of Obama's with out a second thought.

Books and posters aren't the only things that you should keep your eye out far pertaining to Obama's presidency or early life. A guitar signed by Obama and Bruce Springsteen brought $2600 and a Gold Turkish coin was hammered for $1800. Anything with his original signature will bring big money in the future as he reduces the number of times he will be willing to sign items for the public. This has been true of all presidents. With these prices can you imagine what they would have been if the economy hadn't gone into the tank?

Yes the freebies might be gone but in my opinion the game is just beginning for Obama memorabilia and you should get a board. This is an area of collection that you should actively pursue and spend time on the Internet, your local papers and anywhere else you might come up with these treasures. Be careful of frauds because they are out there. I would love to have a signed photo of their puppy with his paw print. If any of you have the inside this would be a great project to pursue.

I disagree with almost everything the man has done but you can't deny he is shaking things up. He is my President and I wish him nothing but the best. Time will tell if he is on the right track but I believe that most American cherish freedom and capitalism.


My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership. Join Us Today!
Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.

No comments:

Post a Comment