Wednesday, April 29, 2009

“Ladies know Best" Daryle Lambert – It's all about leather.


Hermes Birkin Bag - Thanks to www.theartthat.com


I know that I might make some groups mad but this is just too good to pass by. I have noticed that at most of the house and garage sales I attend there is always this group of ladies that head for the bedrooms and closets. I thought that they were just looking to buy something for themselves but was I wrong. No more will I leave a sale before I have investigated the haunts of this special group of ladies.

You know that old saying that the only one who needs a mink coat is a mink. Well that saying is definitely not right in this market today. Skins today bring big money as you will find out but continuing to read this blog. I promise you that some of the 31 Club members will take what they read here to heart and I will be posting their stories for you to read in the future.

I was tired last night and started my blog about 11:00 not knowing what to write about. So usually under these circumstances I just sit at the computer until an idea comes into my head. “Why don't I write about items made from leather?” I asked myself. That seemed simple enough so I started listing the items that I would mention in the blog. "Handbags, coats, shoes, belts, hats, luggage and gloves.” These items could be contemporary, vintage or even native American and this should make for interesting reading.

My first thought was to go and look on eBay for ladies' hand bags. The way I usually approach this is to go and examine the completed auctions so that is what I did. Punching in the highest priced items, my eyes almost popped right out of my head. Are you ready for this? Hermes Birkin bags made of Crocodile and Ostrich were selling from $14,000 to $96,000! I sat back in my chair and said to myself, WHAT? Let's get real is the phase that passed through my mind. But even as I scanned the cheaper ones like Chanel, Christian Dior and Coach, the figures still astonished me because many were still $2000 or more.

I had to clear my head so I clicked on leather jackets and it started all over again. Gucci, Dior, Chanel and Louis Vuitton came up on the list and here again were prices that just rocked me. Used Gucci jacket $10,000, and there was a wide range of these from long coats to biker ones but none were cheap. Next came used shoes and who would ever have thought? There were pairs selling as high as $900. Can you imagine that for used shoes?

Time has run out for me so I won't be covering the other items such as luggage, gloves, hats and belts but I think you get the picture. This has been a real lesson to me because it seems that these ladies have had this market all to themselves but now that I have exposed it I am sure they will have competition from the members of the 31 Club.


My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership. Join Us Today!
Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.


No comments:

Post a Comment