Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Recession? In Antiques & Fine Art? Where?

This Meissen Clock recently sold on eBay after 29 bids for $6,352.51



If you can find what the collector is looking for, then recession doesn't figure into the equation. There doesn't seem to be any lack of funds in the upper end Antique and Fine Art markets. I’ve stated this to you on many occasions. But, as news of the volatile stock markets continue, it’s important to me that I find evidence of this so we don’t get run over by the economic dark cloud that pervades this period of time and become paralyzed with fear. Our industry is still very sound, and I remain very positive. Why?

Watching all the current auctions is part of what’s convinced me that all is well. Even yesterday, I received a call from a collector, Paul. He called me about one of the paintings we listed on ……Craigslist.org!!! (If you’ll remember, a few days ago I recommended you try this.) Now this was not some lower end item, but rather the William Horton we have with an asking price of over $20,000.

Paul assured me that money was no object, and that he was finding that now is the best time he’s seen in years to buy the treasures he’s been looking for. In fact, as we conversed, he told me that one of his favorite artists is Leon Dabo, and his personal collection of this artist’s work exceeds 100 paintings. This really got us talking because, only a couple of years ago, I sold two wonderful Dabo paintings.

So, I’m passing this on to you: We have a good customer for works by Leon Dabo. If you find one, or have one you want to sell, we have the buyer.

It didn't take long before Paul and I were talking about our other interests, and he told me he’s always looking for Meissen pieces to add to his already extensive collection of Meissen. I asked Paul how he thought the prices for Meissen was holding up in what some perceive as hard times. His answer might surprise you. “My problem isn’t the price, but I just can’t find the pieces,” he told me.

Recession? In Antiques & Fine Art? What recession? You can now add Meissen to your list as your hunt continues.

If you’re not familiar with Meissen, I suggest that you go to eBay and look at all the completed auctions. This will give you a start in recognizing pieces made by the Royal Meissen Factory. There are many fake pieces, but the fakes are rather easy to identify. I hope that most of you have already purchased Kovel’s New Dictionary of Marks. This is a necessary tool, if you want to succeed in this business. A used copy is just fine.

So, turn off the TV News, and keep moving forward. Start gathering your list of estate sales and auctions for this coming weekend and for next week. Chart your course and don’t look back.



Treasure Hunters:

You Find It.
We Buy & Sell It.
You Net 35%.


Partner Up with 31 Club on High Quality Treasures You Find. We Do the Rest!!

Sellers:

Sell Your High Quality Items for LOW FEES
at 31 Gallery & Marketplace.
Keep More of Your Money.


Buyers:

Buy High Quality Items for FAIR PRICES
at 31 Gallery & Marketplace.


Our Members are Newbies to Seasoned Professionals
Making More Money than they Thought Possible.

Daryle's 220 Page Book,
31 Steps to Your Millions in Antiques & Collectibles is FREE with your Membership.
Plus You Get FREE MENTORING with Daryle.
Join Today!

Or E-Mail us at info@31corp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment