Sunday, May 2, 2010

“Thanks John” – Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Blog – Like Old Times.

 We Are a Team



What a day yesterday was and I can't wait to do it again. John, a member of the Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Club invited me to join him at a neighborhood garage sale about 1 ½ hours from my house, and I was more than happy to oblige him. I even had that old feeling that would well up in me when I prepared to go on the hunt for treasure.

I finished the blog at 2:00 a.m. and was up at 5:00 a.m., so that I could be there early to meet John but, as usual, I managed to get lost. I may cut myself a little slack since I was operating with only 3 hours sleep. Instead of being early, we were thirty minutes late for the start of the sale, but that was okay.

We immediately began to buy items such as art books and garden tools, but the true treasures seemed to be eluding us. John's van began to fill up with the paintings we found. It was nothing fantastic and then we finally got a break. We found the largest insulator that I have ever seen. It was robin's egg blue and I believed that it could be something very special. Now my adrenaline was flowing and I was on the hunt.

I believe John was a little surprised as I offered $2.00 for items priced at $15 or $20. This was the second day and you should expect prices to be cheaper. After most of the people accepted my offers, John soon became convinced that was the way to go. A full box of vintage American Airlines playing cards still in their original wrappers was tucked into the back of the van and off we would go again. I was still looking for that one treasure to make the day one to remember.

The most unusual item that we purchased was a medical item that was used to teach people what to do if a baby was injured. There was a doll, plus many other items in a plastic case and the doll had a tube in its arms to administer medicine. Its chest could be compressed so that it would receive oxygen. I am waiting to see what this is worth but it could be good.

Now, for the good part. As we walked up to a garage, I noticed perhaps 200 records, equally divided between 45's and LP's. As I began to scan the records, there were the Beach Boys, Michael Jackson and many other artists from the 50's and 60's. The research hasn't been completed yet but I believe we hit pay dirt. I will report back to you on this in a later blog.

Even though I hadn't purchased anything that would have appealed to me, the purpose of the trip was to show John that you could fulfill the 31 steps to our race to the millions with items of every sort. He should more than double his investment on everything he purchased and there are a few items that could be real home runs. I find that the hardest thing for most people is just getting started and one way you can encourage yourself to start is by asking a friend to join you.

Remember our motto both “Fun and Profit” are required if this business is for us. John's van was filled top to bottom, and with the help of his two boys, I believe this coming week will be extremely profitable for him. My question for you is “What are you waiting for?” 


My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques and collectibles is FREE with your membership in the Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Club. Join Us Today:http://www.darylelambert.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment