Sunday, May 23, 2010

Success – Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Blog – I saw it yesterday.






Often in life you see something that makes you proud of the young people of America. This happened to me yesterday. The day started off normally with my friend John and I attending a sale at a new auction service called Lighthouse Auction Service Inc. They were having their first auction at the location we were attending. The stage was set with all the trappings that you would expect. A tent covering the staff, chairs set out for 150 hoped for bidders, an auction stand with a great sound system and even a port-a-potty and water fountain because the day was rather hot. There was food available for those who were hungry and I knew I would be visiting the food stand before the day was over. Everything was prepared and I could see in the staff's eyes that they were excited. There were perhaps five assistants to the auctioneer, but when the time came to start the auction, there was just a handful of people in the seats.

Here is where I saw true character in all the young people that were involved in the sale. Even though there were only a few people present, they started the auction on time. They managed to start by asking if anyone wanted a particular item sold. There was silence so they just picked something and asked for bids. I have to admit that I picked several items for them to put up, hoping to get the people involved. Things didn't get better, however, and I knew that these young adults were learning a valuable lesson. The auctioneer, with his voice never wavering, continued to work the crowd as if everything was hunky dory. You would never have known that they were taking a bath financially. I am not sure that I could have kept my composure as well as they did.

You can be assured that I will share this story with my son Josh as an example of how to hold your head up high, even when things aren't going your way. This is also a great lesson for all the members of the Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Club. But I am not going to let the story end here. After the auction was completed, John and I were able to spend some time with the auction staff and tell them how proud we were of their effort. I will hopefully be give a lecture at their next sale, plus providing free appraisals until the auction starts. That is what we're all about, helping each other. These great young folks are going to be very successful no doubt, but why don't we give them a hand? I feel sure that if you contact them, they would would love to sell some items for you and I will give you my personal guarantee that they will work hard on your behalf. Here is another thing you can do. Send them an email of encouragement.

I was able to share some of my ideas with them. First, that knowledge will always get you to where you want to go, and I feel they want to go to the top. I don't have all their names but I want you to remember Mike Pote and Kevin Falls, because I feel they will be household names in the antiques and collectibles business in the future. Isn't it wonderful to live in a country where you can control your own destiny, and with God's help make this a better place to live?




My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques and collectibles is FREE with your membership in the Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Club. Join Us Today


 

No comments:

Post a Comment