Sunday, May 9, 2010

Northern Wisconsin - Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Blog - Snow in May





 Snow in May



I don't have a lot to report today but I am in a snowy wonderland here in the northern part of Wisconsin. We left Chicago about 8:30 and arrived at our destination about 3:30 singing Christmas carols. A gentleman  picked us up and we took a boat ride on his Chris Craft boat from 1954. If you are familiar with these boats, they are classics and if he decides to sell it, I hope that I have a chance at it.

This is a trip to possibly buy an estate and I will be exploring the house tomorrow for hidden treasures. If we don't buy a thing, the trip will have been well worth the time spent here.

I did get a call from a member of the Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Club today and he was sort of down. It seems that he spotted a painting of two tepees that was rather old at a garage sale he was attending. He set the painting down to talk to the gentleman about it. Can you imagine that? Yes, you guessed it. Someone came along and bought it right out from under his nose. What is our rule? If you are considering the purchase of an item, never take your hands off it until your decision is made.

One of the best things I can do for our members is to suggest every so often that they re-read my book 31 Steps to Your Millions  in Antiques and Collectibles. I hope that while I am away, many of you will be sending me your stories of success, because this is the season to get things done. We must make money while the making is good and each weekend for the next two months there should be more and more opportunities for you to find treasures. Don't let me down.

My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques and collectibles is FREE with your membership in the Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Club. Join Us Today

No comments:

Post a Comment