Sunday, June 7, 2009

“I Feel Like a New Dad” - Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Club Blog – It will soon be here.


It's the Best - Thanks to www.flicker.com

I was 18 years old and standing in a waiting room in Bowling Green, Kentucky, waiting for my wife to give birth to our first child and that feeling was almost indescribable. When I first saw my son the pride swelled up inside me but the longer I looked at him, all blue and wrinkled, I have to admit I asked myself what I had done. That question didn't last long, however, as I started to cry, knowing that I was holding God's greatest gift to me beside the gift of his son.

No doubt you as a member of the Daryle Lambert's antique and Collectible Club are asking what does this have to do with antiques and paintings, right? Well it does and I hope that soon you will have the opportunity to share in this feeling along with me. You see as you continue along in your journey to find those special antiques and paintings that we call treasures that are waiting to be found by you, often doubt creeps into your mind whether or not they are really out there. But one special day there it is, that once in a lifetime find and it is yours. Well that has happened to me and I have to share with you, the feeling that I am experiencing.

First the call came from Paducah, Kentucky about some local artwork and I was asked if I would be interested. It didn't take me much time to get that answer out of my mouth and the answer was affirmative. There were Harvey Joiners and Carl Brenners but not being able to see the paintings myself, I sent Cecil, my friend in Kentucky, to view them for me and after talking we decided to purchase them. I still hadn't seen them so do you get the parallel with waiting for a baby. They were brought to Chicago where a wonderful restorer was going to bring them back to their original condition, and even though I knew they were there I still couldn't imagine how they would look in the end. For me this wait has resembled the nine months that were the longest months of my life, the time waiting for the birth of my son.

Monday will be the delivery date because today I received the invoice saying the paintings were ready to be picked up. All of a sudden I felt both excitement and anxiety at the same time like in the hospital many years ago. What will the biggest one look like? Will I like it as much as I hoped? It may be too large to hold, however, by being five feet by six feet in size but I am sure that I won't be able to keep my hands off it. I can't tell you how this story is going to end but I assure you that this is a feeling that you should experience some day and I hope that it isn't that far in your future. Yes I will be give you the end of the story as Paul Harvey would say, later. But as I wait I will be having visions of the most beautiful paintings that were ever painted.


My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership in the Daryle Lamberts Antique and Collectible Club . Join Us Today!Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.


No comments:

Post a Comment