Sunday, June 14, 2009

“FATHER”S DAY” - Daryle Lambert’s Antique and Collectible Blog – Don’t forget this day or take it for granted next week.


They make me happy on Father's Day



It is almost here again - that special day when we give God thanks for the Father that he has given us. Yes, many may not have had a perfect relationship with their Dad but if they are like me they are amazed at how smart their Dad became, the older we have gotten. My family has made this day special for me by taking the family to the Nascar race in Michigan each year.

If you don’t make this day an annual event on your calendar, some day you will regret it. I lost my Dad but still I take time to share his remembrance with other members of my family to help keep him a part of our lives. You are given just one family and they often have loved us when in - my case I was unlovable.

I have thought about how this day can prove profitable for the members of our club and these are the ways that I have come up with. First, we can buy things to sell that friends can purchase from you to give as presents to their fathers. Lets say Joshua wishes to buy me a Father’s Day present and one of you has a special Nascar collectible for him to give me, I am sure that he would love to purchase it from you. How about if you have a friend that’s father is a hunter, don’t you think he might purchase a special rifle or shotgun from you for his father? You could advertise appropriate items in you local newspaper a week or two before Father’s Day and I believe your response would be tremendous.

These special occasions that comes once a year, gives you plenty of time to prepare for them, - by doing so your bank account can be tremendously enhanced. By going through your calendar for the year and marking events where presents will be purchased will give you a head start on your wish list for others. If you just set back with no plan, the months can roll by and you will miss many opportunities to make profit. I have a client that buys his wife a painting for Christmas each year so all year long I am looking for the appropriate piece for him. This assures me that I will make a fair return on that item each year and he will have something special to give his wife.

What would Dad like to own? You can’t go wrong if it is something that brings back great memories of his family and friends. Also, things from his past experiences like items from the schools that he graduated from or items that he has used in his profession such as cameras, medical devices, law books, engineering tools and there are so many more. By finding these gifts for others to give you will prove to be a great hit with them and they will be looking forward to what you find.

Have a GREAT FATHER’S DAY in advance !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment