Thursday, June 4, 2009

“ Amphora, but Which One?” - Daryle Lambert's Antique and Collectible Blog – For me it is Reissner, Stellmacher & Kessel


The Best Amphora - Thanks to www.trocadero.com




I have know that Amphora could sell for big dollars but it entirely depends on the piece and who made it. Some Amphora will barely bring enough to pay for your gas to pick it up, while other pieces sell in the thousands of dollars. Yes I knew enough to know that pieces of Amphora with jewels usually do okay but I really was never sure about the others so I usually passed them.

Remember when I shared with you that it was well worth your time to scour auction catalogs because there will be a wealth of information there for you to store in your mind for later use? This just happened to me and, guess what? I have added information on Amphora that will make me lots of money in the future. You are asking how did that happen, right? Well, I just received my new Cincinnati Art Gallery's catalog and in it is listed an outstanding group of Amphora pieces for sale.

Paging through the catalog, I noticed that there was one company that seemed to have higher estimates on their pieces than the others, so I started doing my research. The company's name is Reissner, Stellmarcher & Kessel [ Bohemia ] and I had to know more about them. Going to Google search, I learned they were founded in 1892 and produced fabulous works until 1905. This is a very short life for a factory but what happened was the founders, at different times, went their separate ways. But while they were together their body of work was unsurpassed. Here is a site that gives the marks that you will need in your search for treasure among the Amphora pieces in general.

However, the marks you are looking for will carry the initials of the three men R, S & K that founded the company and these were the only ones used by these men during the thirteen years they were in business together. The marks with the R, S & K are usually in red and here is a link to a site where you can see them. I promise you that in the future I will be looking for these marks and I will report to you as soon as I stumble on to one of these treasure. Isn't it easy how we add to our knowledge base, that will make us money, while others are satisfied watching TV or other forms of wasted time. When you can talk to others about the quality items that you have learned about, it is better than any show that I have ever watched.

You will run across many Amphora pieces as you continue to search for treasure, but after reading this blog, you know that if a piece has the initials R, S & K on the bottom, it is time to start bargaining. Just another example of where the rare and unusual will serve you well.


My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership in the Daryle Lamberts Antique and Collectible Club . Join Us Today!
Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.


No comments:

Post a Comment