Wednesday, December 12, 2007

DARYLE LAMBERT - TIS THE SEASON


I am sitting here looking out my window and enjoying God's new cover for the earth. Some may say that snow is a bother, but to me it is beautiful, pure and a sign of things to come.

I now can feel the Christmas Spirit once the ground is blanketed with a deep cover of snow. My mind can wander to times past spent with my family. Dad would always receive fruit baskets and packages of nuts, and on days like this, I can see visions of him laughing as he built the fire in the fireplace. Yes, I miss you Dad, but these memories make the time that we are separated worth the wait.

I am looking forward to the trip to Kentucky in a couple of weeks where time will be spent with parents, brothers and sisters, cousins, aunts and uncles and grandchildren. I hope that I will be able to keep my perspectives in order and realize that the true blessings will be the time we share together, not the presents.

My thoughts seem to keep taking me back to Andrew Slaw, the fifteen year old boy that has it so right. Living in the moment and finding joy in it is Andrew's path through life.

I have written about my meeting with this wonderful young man on several occasions, but today I want to bring you a message of hope that has been shared with me by Andrews Mom, Ann.

Ann tells me that Andrew isn't doing that great right now, and asked if we would keep him in our prayers. Andrew is one of our members, and his mother told me that he has completed our book and said to her, "I wish I could get everyone to do what's in here."

Andrews parents have started a foundation called FD NOW which is a group to help find a cure for the disease that Andrew suffers from. At this time, there isn't a cure for FD, but the research that is being done looks very promising. I am including a facts sheet on the blog and also a link where people can make donations to this cause.

If you go to the FD NOW site, you can find more information about the disease Andrew is afflicted with. Would you be willing to donate to help advance the search for a cure? Click here to help.

I am wishing Andrew and his family a Very Merry Christmas, and I extend this in the name of all our 31 Club Members.

Discover how our book can be the tool that helps you become financially free simply buying and selling antiques, collectibles and fine art.

Be sure to visit our web site for more information about how you can join the 31 Club Wealth Building and start your own race to your millions! Read more about The Million Dollar Challenge.

If you haven't yet had a chance to see what we've got listed in the 31 Gallery & Marketplace, click on over and take a look. You might even find a real bargain. We've got many high quality items priced reasonably. If you have a high quality piece you'd like us to find a buyer for, why not consign your item to us. No high fees when you sell with us. Contact us here.

If you wish to leave comments use the ANONYMOUS button and then you don't have to sign in to leave your message. Chime in and participate with us.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Saw your Christmas post and thought you might be interested in The Collectors Weekly Christmas Antiques Guide.
    www.collectorsweekly.com/Christmas
    We're a site devoted to antiques and collecting information.

    Cheers,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete