Friday, January 30, 2009

Daryle Lambert: Want to Make Money? Here's a Name for You.


Thanks to www.tapirback.com



I am constantly amazed at what I don't know. Have you heard of the company “Holt-Howard”? Well I hadn't. I wonder how much money it has cost me to not know this company. First a little history. The company was founded in 1949 in Stamford, Connecticut. Importing wares was their business and this included all types of home ditties.

The company was purchased by General Housewares Corporation in 1969. Most of the Holt-Howard pieces that you will find today are marked with two H's stacked on top of one another. Some also have a silver metallic label. They usually have the year that they were made, which helps the collector.

Most of their wares had an almost cartoon quality and these would brighten up any home. There were condiment jars, decanters, spoon holders and saltshakers. These are highly sought after today as can be seen by the listings on eBay that go as high as $1200. I believe that if I came across any of these pieces before I studied for this blog, I would have passed over them as just being junk.

I believe that these are one of the new collectibles that have come along because other collectibles have become too expensive for the average person to collect. If you follow the European collectibles, however, often when something starts off cheap as a collectible it soon become expensive itself. Look at pieces of Clarce Cliff that today sell in the thousands. These were made in England and at one time could have been purchased very reasonably. Isn't it amazing how the price of an item can increase when the title “collectible” is attached to it?

Over the next few days I hope to introduce you to some rather inexpensive items that will bring big money when sold as collectibles. I feel that some of you who are waiting to get started on your Million Dollar race will find these items to your liking. Remember, it doesn't matter where you start but where you end, like the tortoise.


My 220 page book about how to make money buying and selling antiques & collectibles is FREE with your membership. Join Today!

Check out the new Paintings and new items in our Gallery and Marketplace here.

No comments:

Post a Comment