Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sell Your Antique & Collectible Items Quickly



Each day, I’m speaking to more and more 31 Club Members, and boy are they becoming sharp shoppers. However, I’m running into a little problem that I’d like to nip in the bud, and maybe I haven’t driven this point home: To capture the profit potential of your purchases, your items have to be sold. I know it’s stating the obvious, but so many people are buying, and then not taking the steps to get their items sold.

It’s all right to take more time to sell special items that might bring in extra money by reserving them for a particular auction house, even if it takes several months, but this has to be the exception, not the rule. For example, the Rookwood Lamp I recently purchased at an estate sale is still sitting in my house. But, it’s such a special and fine piece, I’m waiting for the auction at Cincinnati Art Galleries in November to sell it. In the meantime, I’ve already got all the information I need for when the time comes to get this piece to Cincinnati and into their auction.

Selling Keeps Your Money Turning to Meet Your Financial Goals

Turning your money as rapidly as you can is what will allow you to reach the goals you’ve set for yourself. So, items that don’t demand a special event to sell at their potential, need to be sold quickly in order for you to have the cash for another fine item. Keep turning your money.

It takes knowledge to buy, but selling only requires your time. The sooner you get something out of your house and sold, the less likely you’ll become attached to it. And that’s a good thing, especially when you’ve got financial goals you’re aiming for. So take the time to get those items listed or brought to a local auction house and get them sold.

I received some e-mail asking me to get back on the things that make you money, but I want you to be a complete money making machine. So, every now and then I’ll have to ask you where you are on your journey with us.

I asked one of our local prized pupils this question recently and was surprised by the response. I wrote about her and all her great finds in several blogs, so I finally asked her if she was selling all those wonderful antique & collectible items. I was stunned when she told me she didn’t know how to sell them.

This immediately became a challenge to me, so the two of us evaluated what was needed to get her out of the starting gate. She first needed a digital camera, which she had purchased. But, when we tried to use it with her computer, it wouldn’t work. Why? Her computer was so old it could’ve been sold at an antiquity sale! So, we updated her to a new computer. One a sidebar here – I’ve got to say I was so surprised when the salesman told us how much we could get in a computer today for very little money.($500 or less) I truly am a fossil, like my 9-year-old Joshua likes to call me. I can remember paying $18,000 for a word processor decades and decades ago.

At any rate, our local member got current with her computer, camera, and then listed her first four items in about one hour. This was all that was holding her back. What’s holding you back? Identify it, then do something to resolve it.

The Expanding 31 Marketplace.

Have you looked at your 31 Marketplace recently? Several of our members now have their listings with us, and I’m already getting inquiries. My goal is to open your eyes to how expansive this market is so that you will get your share of it.

“Are You Having Fun With This?”

That’s the one question that’s been on my mind for all the members and readers. If there’s one person out there who says no, then it only means I still have a lot of work to do.

If we, at the 31 Club, can help you reap the harvest of your hard work, please contact us by phone or e-mail. Remember, selling is the easy part.

Join Daryle Lambert's 31 Club, today. Rub elbows with like-minded 31 Club Members, and Put a Turbo Charge on your Antique & Collectible Treasure Hunting Skills. Get FREE Mentoring. Learn Inside the Industry Secrets. Learn to Make High Profits and Continue to Grow Your Money Buying and Selling Antiques, Fine Art, and Collectibles. Our Members are Newbies to Seasoned Dealers.

My 220 page book, 31 Steps to Your Millions in Antiques & Collectibles is FREE with your membership.

The book is also available on Amazon.com. If you buy the book on Amazon, then the membership is FREE.

WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!

http://www.31corp.com/


TODAY'S LINKS:

31 Club's Expanded Marketplace

Daryle's Jan. 24th Blog - "Nothing is Too Large"





No comments:

Post a Comment