Friday, August 31, 2007

VOTE or No VOTE? - That is the Question

We are approaching the political season, and I think this will be one of the most interesting times in our political history. The President's numbers are below forty, and the Congress has approval numbers even lower than the President's. There are already scandals, and up for grabs is a presidency that could be won by the first woman or minority candidate in history. We also have a gentleman running that is of the Mormon faith. The reason this is important is that I can remember when John F Kennedy ran as a Catholic, and how big a deal was made of that. We could have a first gentleman and the first couple to both be elected president in the White House.

This is going to be a hay day for political collectors, and you should get a head start on the market. Political memorabilia has always commanded high prices for the rare pieces, and as this season begins, you should stock your shelves with as much of it as you can. Most of it will be free, so you have nothing to lose. I would visit the campaign headquarters of all the candidates running for office -- national, state, and local because you don’t know what is going to happen in the future. Try to get, at least, duplicates of each item you acquire and if possible, even more.

As the season progress the value of these items will go up, and as they do, sell off some of the items that you have amassed until your goal is reached. Then it is okay to store the rest for a later day. If I were going to start a new collection and was younger, I think it would be the Political Memorabilia. There are pieces from past campaigns that command hundreds of thousands of dollars. It really doesn’t matter what side of the fence you are on politically -- there will be a lot of money on the line this election. Just for the record, I would like to say that I am on the side of Pro Life. In my younger years, I was for a woman's right to choose, but later, my conscience told me the unborn child should have a say. I am not campaigning but just sharing myself with you so that the decision will be yours to join me in this endeavor or not.

You can find older campaign items at most garage and house sales. There are guides for these collectibles, and you may find them on www.abebooks.com or on ebay. If you have pieces of political memorabilia that you would like to share with us please do. As I stated in the title, we should all vote, but if you don’t there is still money to be made during this political season.

No comments:

Post a Comment