Friday, August 10, 2007

On The Lighter Side - Antiques, Collectibles and Kids

I got up this morning and looked at my little guy, Joshua, and thought this is my future market. You can see him and his collectibles on his web page..

I have had the great treat of attending the Chicago Antique Market with Joushua for the last two months. What a thrill for me watching as his eyes glistened when he raced from booth to booth looking for that special piece to add to his collection. It was wonderful seeing the dealers explaining each piece to him as he watched and listened in amazement. You can bet that we will be at the market when they open their doors later this month.

The experience doesn't stop there because when we get home there has to be time to examine each and ever treasure. The newly acquired rock, magic trick, race car, foreign coin, snow globe all contributed to a wonderful day spent with my son. No pottery, jewelry, depression glass, paintings or other collectible things were as importat to me as these little things that made my boy happy.

There is a message there somewhere and I think this is it: in the future, this little boy will be buying the Tiffany lamps, Grueby pottery, Daum Nancy of his day. I would encourage you to spend time with those little one that pass your booth and it could prove to be the future success of your business. Do you have Kids stories that you would like to share with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment