Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Fossil Wakes Up... Antiques & Collectibles


It's a bit scary, but this old fossil has come to life in the world of the internet.

Did you know about MySpace, YouTube, OnlineAuctions and free web advertising? I thought these were only for the young but have I've gotten an education these past few months. I didn't know what a blog was and now I am hosting one!

This has opened a whole new world for me and it can for you too. I have spent thousands of dollars on advertising over the past few years but, over a short period of time, I have received more free advertising than all the paid ones I bought put together.

You can join my new group on MySpace under Antiques. It is called Dollars in Antiques and Collectibles. Who would have thought I would ever be posting on My Space?

If you are in this business and not using the internet, I think you are fighting a battle with both hands tied behind you. There are other sites such as www.collect.com, www.tradeamericaonline.com, www.collectica.com, www.gumtree.com and hundred of others just waiting for you to discover them. All these sites offer something that can be of benefit to you.

I just sold a painting to a gentleman in England for a considerable price by listing it for free on Trade America Online. I would never have reached this person without that ad and it was free, And there is no commission.

Be brave- get on your computer and maybe, if you are an old fossil like me, you too will come alive. This is the wave of the future, and nothing is going to hold it back. So your only decision that must be made is to get on board or get left behind. Share with us how the Internet has affected your life??

No comments:

Post a Comment