Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"Kewpie" Rose O'Neill – Daryle Lambert's Antiques and Collectibles Blog – Rare Find

I am always looking for the rare and unusual and maybe I have hit it lucky again. Remember my stop last Sunday at the antique mall where my friend, Cecil, works? I purchased 27 items and hoped one of them might really be rare. Perhaps I found it in a Rose O'Neill stick pin in what is said to be the original box. The box measures 4” and the pin itself is 3 ½".


Why do I say that it may be rare when I have never seen one like it before? You know that after you have been in this business as long as I have if you haven't seen it there is a chance that it might be rare. On the bottom of the feet it says Trade Kewpie Mark and the tag lists Germany as it place of origin but I can't find that.



Why am I writing about this small piece? It is because this one item could perhaps pay for most of my other purchases. When I looked at the eBay listings for Rose O'Neill there were three that I will share. First is a 13” doll for $600, then a set of three smaller dolls for $429 and also a 7” doll in the original box for $255. I may be very wrong but I believe the pin is rarer than the dolls because I have seen the fore mentioned dolls many times.



Here is what I am fairly confident of. After purchasing the pin for 40% off, I feel safe in saying that I will more than double my money. So here is what I want you to do. Put the name Rose O'Neill in your memory bank for future recall because it will make you money. Even the more common items if they're old will make you a happy camper.



If you would like to know more about the Rose O'Neill “Kewpie Dolls” information can be found at this site Kewpie Dolls.




I would like to answer a few questions that have arisen about listing in our classifieds. First if you get to the end of the listing and click save and get a message that only numbers can be used, you have put dashes in the telephone number. Just delete those and click save again.



Second to renew your ad, just click on the email you are sent for renewal then enter your ID and Password then click renew.






If you have other questions about the classifieds please contact either Ondre or myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment