Thursday, July 8, 2010

Back to Business – Daryle Lambert’s Antiques and Collectibles Blog – Prayers work

I am doing much better and have talked to my doctor in Chicago who said we will look at my back next week if things don’t go south on me before then. Thanks for all your prayers. I believe that is what made the difference.



Next week I will be revisiting some of the different types of antiques and collectibles that will make us money from now till the end of the year. It looks as if the stock market is going to work with us, and as it goes up between now and December, I believe interest will once again be focused on the top antiques and collectibles. As you know I am a contrarian, so you will be hearing from others how the stock market is going to zero but I disagree.



This is the time to turn again to artist-signed Rookwood, Grueby and Newcomb pottery. The art glass should also have excellent buys, now that the public has spoken and said that nothing will ever have any value again. I know that a lot you have been holding back on buying. Remember, however, that there is always a time to buy if the prices are right and this may just be one of those times.



Here is perhaps the greatest surprise I have for you. It may be the time to really search eBay and other auction sites for bargains. With people being timid about buying, many great pieces of pottery and art glass are going without bids and if you snipe them, you will be rewarded.



When I return home I will publish some of the listings that I believe are real bargains that you may wish to bid on. This will be a great time for you to be listing your items in the classifieds; I have heard from several members that have received calls on their wanted ads.



Over the next ninety days by working together we can end this year with a bang, so hang on for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment