Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Daryle Lambert Blog: Spring Antique Market and Vintage Toys

31 Club Member found this Vintage Donald Duck Toy now at auction on eBay with a bid of $327



Yesterday, as I stepped outside, there was something different about the scent in the air, and I finally felt assured Spring is just around the corner. A moment of peace came over me, and I felt so thankful to God that He blesses me each and everyday as I get to interact with the wonderful people that He is bringing into my life through the 31 Club. Whether it is a person asking for prayer or someone sharing their joy of finding a treasure, it greatly enhances my day. God Bless each and every one of you.

With Spring waiting just around the corner, I remind you that there is no better season to make money in the Antiques, Collectibles, and Fine Arts business than Spring. People will be cleaning out and remodeling their homes, so the garage sales and house sales spring up like the new flowers. From items given up as trash in garage sales, spring new life to knowledgeable treasure hunters.

Everything is fresh and new in the Spring, so don't you think it would be a great time for you to complete those first steps in your race to your first million? For some of you, this would be a wonderful time to leapfrog over those beginning steps and rise to where the real money is in this market – the less common and more valuable items.

I am challenging all those that are still waiting to see if the plan that the 31 Club has shared with them really works to go out and prove it to yourself by taking your very first steps. If you’re still a doubter, I’ll share a story with you that will show you its truth. But for now, I’m giving you an assignment, and here it goes:

Over the next few weekends, circle all the garage sales that list children's toys. Attend as many as possible and look for tin toys from the Japanese companies. These may be windup or friction and buy anything that is under $5.00. Next make a list of toy companies that you remember as a child such as Mattel, Disney, Hubley, Marx, Chein, Arcade, Lehmann. There are many more so make your own list. You might ask your parents, or older relatives and friends to add to this list, depending upon your age.

Try to buy them as cheaply as you can. I have found that toys at most garage sales can be bought for under $15.00. Don't stop until you have completely spent your hundred dolls. Remember, condition is very important and damage can hurt the value. Check to see if they are reproductions, especially banks. However, don't pass by a great toy by for condition reasons only if it is priced reasonably enough.
I can almost guarantee that you will make at least you first step in the million dollar race if you will follow this plan that I have just set out for you. If you will do this just as I have described it here and you don't double your money, I will personally refund the cost of your membership in the 31 Club. How’s that for a no loss proposition?

If you’re still a doubter, this story, from one of our members, might give you some encouragement.

Daryle,

Let me first say "Thank you!" for your inspiration and encouragement with regards to antiquing. Your book is a wealth of resource to which I greatly appreciate.
Two weeks ago I went with my father-in-law a few miles down the road to a friends antique barn. This man has thousands of items packed into his barn. Granted, most of the stuff is junk, however I thought there could be a treasure somewhere. I've been to this place a few times in the past but was never really searching for treasure. Well, this time I was determined to find something, but would keep the rules in mind.

During my browsing, I came across a small display case. In it I saw a toy Donald Duck riding a tricycle wagon. It was made of tin and the pictures on the side of the wagon were definitely early Disney. Remembering your blog about how popular tin toys made in Japan were, I asked to look at the toy. The toy was in very good condition and on the bottom it read Line Mar and Japan. I asked the man how much he wanted for the toy. He said he couldn't take less than $25. I told him I would think about it. As the man and my father-in-law went on discussing other things, I went out to the truck and looked up the item in my Kovels price guide. I found a similar item for $112. I thought that I could probably make $70-80, thus staying within my goal. I went back in and asked the man if he would take $15. He said "No, but I'll take $20." So I bought the toy.

Well, I listed the toy on eBay on Thursday. I checked the price on Friday and it was $26. I thought, "At least I'll make my money back." and left it at that. Things completely changed yesterday evening. We were at my in-laws and I thought that I would go on-line and check the price. To my utter shock, the price was $280! The whole family felt like we won the lottery!

I just checked the price this morning and it's up to $327, and we still have 3 days left! Well, I didn't mean to write a book. I just wanted you to know how appreciative I am in your encouragement and information. I'm so excited about what other treasures are just hidden around the corner!

Your Friend,
Kurt

Kurt can write a book for me any day. And yes, it is just like winning the lottery, only with far less competition. Kurt, you are our Star of the Week. I can't wait to see what the toy is finally sold for. If you want to follow his listing, look up Item number: 250222886600 on eBay. Or, do a search for "Vintage Donald Duck Toy."

The 31 Club uses a wealth building plan that can help you accumulate enough funds to last a lifetime, buying and selling antiques, collectibles, and fine art. Join the 31 Club. Learn about Antiques & Collectibles. Learn How to Invest in Antiques & Collectibles and build lifetime wealth. The plan is in my book. When you join today, you'll receive my 220 page book, 31 Steps to Your Millions in Antiques & Collectibles, FREE. My mentoring comes with the club membership. Right now, it's only $19.95 to join, receive a FREE book and get FREE Mentoring. How can you beat a price like that? This offer is worth thousands of dollars, yet right now it's only $19.95! What are you waiting for? You'll spend more on a good pizza than it cost for all this right now. Join Here Now.

"...I spent about 15 years in the antiques and collectible field
and I can tell you this is one of the best books you will ever
read about making money with art, antiques and collectibles."

-Skip McGrath, Auction Seller's Resources & EBay Powerweller

"It has been a great pleasure knowing Daryle for more than
10 years. I share his excitement in releasing this book. He is
a man of his word."
Riley Humler, Cincinnati Art Galleries
Consultant, Antique RoadShow

Want to read more about the 31 Club? Read an article here.

If you haven't yet had a chance to see what we've got listed in the
31 Gallery & Marketplace, click on over and take a look. You might even find a real bargain. We've got many high quality items priced reasonably. If you have a high quality piece you'd like us to find a buyer for, why not consign your item to us. No high fees when you sell with us.

Visit Our
Homepage.

Please leave a comments. If you don't want to sign in, just use the ANONYMOUS button. Chime in and participate!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete